CEC not visible in Input Devices
I've tried searching, but CEC is 3 letters and 4 is the minimum. I've tried other searches, to no avail.

Fire TV with Kodi. I love it, plain and simple... let me rephrase, I love Kodi, Amazon can go <deleted, no point in continuing>.

I bought a TCL 55" Roku TV. As expected, Roku simply doesn't do everything Kodi does. So, I'm back to Kodi.

The TV supports CEC, Fire TV appears to support CEC, and Kodi supports CEC. However, when go into system->settings->input devices, there is no CEC item listed under Peripherals.

I just want to use my TV remote to control Kodi. I've tried everything I know to try and everything I could find by searching.

Help please.
CEC is system-wide on Android, so is not controlled by Kodi but by the system.
(2015-11-30, 08:56)Koying Wrote: CEC is system-wide on Android, so is not controlled by Kodi but by the system.

I need some help here. I'm not stupid, but things like this make me feel like I am.

Fire TV supports CEC. There is a thread on xda about how to disable it, so it's enabled by default. http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV#CEC says CEC works in KODI.

The TV is a TCL Roku 55". In the Roku interface, it shows the Fire TV as a CEC device.

How do a "see" the CEC device within Fire TV, so that Kodi can use it? My expectation is that using the TV remote buttons will work within Kodi, but they don't.
Works out-of-the-box for most, so probably something with how your TV handles cec.
i also just got the 55" TCL RokuTV... Black Friday Sales!

Anyway, I was trying to get my Raspberry PI (OpenLEC) to work with it..

First the TV was not seeing it... so i tried another HDMI cable, and then it showed up.. so i think maybe some HDMI cables must not support it.

Now of course, the problem i'm having is that it doesn't seem to work...

It shows up in the menu, but there really isn't any option to "select it" if you will...

And when i switch to that HDMI source, the TCL remote doesn't do anything...

I also ordered the FireTV (was using the stick which I sideloaded KODI on)... so i guess i'll do the same with that, then just use the Fire remote solely...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC not visible in Input Devices0