This isn't helpful.........Nvidia.
Didn't want to post this, but since Nvidia is a sponsor and apparently Team Kodi does have a rapport with them, maybe someone should tell them that this isn't helpful.

[Link removed by Tinwarble]
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Already taken care of. Trouble was, we only noticed after the Thanksgiving break happened, so the tech folk who can take it down have been away from work and likely won't be back until tomorrow, as I understand it.
WOW!! Just as bad as the qnap blog reported some time ago...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Wack-o-mole time Smile
Well, they removed it from their main page, but the link is still active.

I just wanted to make sure that this was pushed upstream, but I went ahead and removed the link from my OP.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
direct link is also dead now - just tested
That may be because they've now changed that blog.

http://shield.nvidia.com/blog/install-kodi-add-ons
This is the second "major" company to make this mistake...

Makes me wonder what level of communication we have with these companies?

Maybe Kodi should preemptively release a statement directed towards Kodi distributors? advise new companies to prevent repeat offenders?

I understand we can't contact every company that distributes Kodi, but Nvidia and QNAP are big enough that some level of communications should be maintained.
We have a very good communication with nvidia while with qnap it's non existing.

Only few weeks ago we visited nvidia and during the meeting we actually clearly discussed this topic on what they should include in their blog posts to stay out of the grey area and if they had any doubts or questions they could always ask. Still this happened.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-12-02, 00:40)Martijn Wrote: We have a very good communication with nvidia while with qnap it's non existing.

Only few weeks ago we visited nvidia and during the meeting we actually clearly discussed this topic on what they should include in their blog posts to stay out of the grey area and if they had any doubts or questions they could always ask. Still this happened.

Its really unfortunate... it seems to be an impossible task keeping Kodi and third party repositories separated.

I honestly think a thread should be opened and a serious discussion started on future tactics to engage this problem, current methods are not working and IMO is dividing the Kodi community.
hahaha, Popcornflix Smile I can see the DMCA coming now.
(2015-12-02, 01:06)MrMC Wrote: hahaha, Popcornflix Smile I can see the DMCA coming now.

That's not what it was about, Popcornflix is in the official repo http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video.popcornflix/ . You're late to the party. Wink
PopcornTime ~= Popcornflix
ohh so close in name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This isn't helpful.........Nvidia.0