Homepage Customization - More Options
fastcolors - Amazing job on this skin. I'm an ATV convert and the skin provides a familiar interface which the family appreciates. You skin meets all my needs with one exception: I'd like more favorites on the homescreen. I don't have much use for Add-On or Script homepage buttons, but could utilize many more favorite options. I work in Software Dev and I appreciate the usecases to understand the ask, so here's my usecase:
Buttons I'd like to See (all of these can be sourced from Favorites)
  • TV - New Episodes
  • TV - Collection
  • Movies - Unwatched
  • Movies - New Releases
  • Movies - Collection
  • Her Place - New Releases
  • Her Place - Fitness
  • Her Place - TV Shows
  • Kids - Favorites
  • Kids - Learning
  • Kids - Collection
  • Live Sports
  • Update Content

I love that your skin does not try to do everything within the skin config. If I can create a Favorite natively then your skin can access it. That works for me. I even found that if I rename the favorite it will rename the shortcut button. Simple. Effective. Well done.
Hi! thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying the skin!!

Adding more favorites to home could be possible, in fact I was thinking in having an option to automatically include ALL favs, but that could be scary. Single includes still require lots of lines of code, but definitely I'll look into it since It's being requested by some users!

Just wondering : for TV - New episodes and Movies - New Releases, the shelf is not enough?

I'm about to start the ATV4 conversion of the skin (As soon as i get my brand new ATV!!)and I'll throw the extra favs in the mix.

Cheers!!
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2015-11-30, 13:16)fastcolors Wrote: Hi! thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying the skin!!

Adding more favorites to home could be possible, in fact I was thinking in having an option to automatically include ALL favs, but that could be scary. Single includes still require lots of lines of code, but definitely I'll look into it since It's being requested by some users!

Just wondering : for TV - New episodes and Movies - New Releases, the shelf is not enough?

I'm about to start the ATV4 conversion of the skin (As soon as i get my brand new ATV!!)and I'll throw the extra favs in the mix.

Cheers!!

Hey buddy

It's been a while since we last apoke, as I've been using your skin on my apple tv2 for ages without issues (since you added the 5 colum option and updated the skin to aatv3

Now if you need any testing of the ATV4 skin, just me a line or a pm as my atv4 is fully configured with kodi (version 17 alpha) just need a up to date skin to go on to mimic the awesome apple tv theme Smile

Let me know and merry Christmas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Homepage Customization - More Options0