Moving Kodi setup from OpenELEC to Android box?
I have a complete setup of Kodi running on an OpenELECT box ( G Box) and would like to move the setup to a Android box (G Box). A raw install of Kodi is runnin on the Android box. Is there a simple way to move my complete setup to the new Kodi on the Android machine without having to manually setup everything again?
Any advice?
Try using the Backup add-on to take a backup of the OpenElec box, and then restore it onto the Android box. You may need to do a bit of tweaking after restoration due to the platform differences (mainly in the GUI settings, as those tend to be rather platform specific), but it should put you a fair way down the road.

I did something similar when setting up my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Android 5.1.1) from my Raspberry Pi (OpenElec 5.95.5 at the time) and it worked well enough.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Great!
Will this keep the Android OS? I do not want to replace to OS on the box. What type off tweaking will I have to do?

Thanks!
Also, I'm looking to copy the whole install of the OpenElect box onto a new box. Is there a way to image and one setup and apply it to subsequent boxes just like one would image a new computer, or does a whole setup and install need to be done on each box?
Kodi installs as an app on Android, so you won't lose any OS or anything like that. It's only dedicated installs like OE which are basically optimised all-in-one usages where you get everything bundled up in one.

As for tweaking, it's the platform dependent stuff, mostly related to the GUI.

For the other question about cloning I have no idea as I don't have one of your boxes. I know we can do it on the Pi by cloning the micro-SD card and then just changing the device name set up in the settings (so things like web-based remote controls can tell the devices apart), but depending on how your Android box stores things it may be more complicated.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm using G Box.
I was thinking I could just copy the internal flash to a SD card then more and copy everything to the new boxes internal flash with the SD card. Does that should like it would work? Additionally, how do I get access to the internal drive? I tried IP-ing in with a browser and I was not presented with a way to access files
It would depend what you have external access to, which by the sound of it isn't much.

But as I said I don't have one, so I can't comment on the specifics of your exact box.

Kodi Blog Posts
yes you can backup and restore to new device. Once the “Backup Folder” in on your New Device, launch XBMC and then follow steps 1 to 16 above in order to install the Backup add-on onto your new Kodi device. The only exception is that you have to click on “Restore” instead of “Backup” and specify the restore folder that you have your Kodi build saved in. Once your restore folder is specified, press the “Restore” function again. Choose the Restore build you want to load onto this device. Once finished, you will want to restart your Kodi device and the new box should now have your complete build again! I have not try this yet, but hope this help you
I tried to backup addon from Kodi version 15 and restore to 15.2 (On same device) > didn't work
Backup addon from Window and try to restore to Android device (Smart TV Box) which default Kodi 15.2 installed > didn't work
I have Window, Raspberry PI 2, Android and trying to find the right way to do backup & restore & clone.

When I did backup, do I just leave the default setting or select "Complete user profile" ?
What plugin would I use to do the backup listed in "Concetly" post?
(2015-12-12, 08:17)badspell68 Wrote: What plugin would I use to do the backup listed in "Concetly" post?

Oddly enough, Backup...

Add-on:Backup (wiki)

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving Kodi setup from OpenELEC to Android box?0