Video Playback and 2.35:1 questions . . .
Hi, following on from my other 'noob' thread I am a bit further up the learning curve with Aeon MQ now, and have most things working and looking very nice indeed. Now I just need to start refining my set-up a little, so I have a few slightly more technical questions:

1. Is there a method to obtain a geometrically correct 2.35:1 (21:9) view within Aeon MQ 6? I have tried couple of skins that are set-up for 21:9, and whilst they are good they don't match the quality and functionality of Aeon MQ. I have also tried setting this up by using a custom 1920 x 817 resolution within the graphics card settings, but the geometry within Aeon MQ is all wrong (cover art etc gets stretched horizontally).

Is there a way with Aeon MQ to set this up? If not, is it on the road map to be added to a future version at some point?

2. Is it possible to run dual resolutions. So for example, say you run a UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) for KODI to a UHD/4K compatible display, but you want to play video files in their native resolutions (1080P for example), or games at different resolutions to the KODI interface but launching through Kodi, so the projector/video processor performs the scaling rather than the PC - is this possible?

3. How do I go about controlling the frame rate used for video output. Again for the KODI interface I have the graphics card set at 1080P @ 60Hz, but for movie playback the majority is obviously 1080P @ 23.976fps. I have trawled through the menus but cannot seem to locate an option to play back at native frame rates, can someone point me in the general direction?

4. Finally, where do I find the settings to pass through HD audio as a bitstream - currently I only seem to be be able to get 2.0 PCM?

Thanks.
@Blade1001

1. Skin is only 16:9 (3840x2160, 1920x1080, 1280x720 etc)

2. I think all contents send via hdmi, your 4K display will upscale by default.

3. Go to settings, vídeos, playback, and active option

4. Go to settings, system, audio output, and active Passthrough, bellow active audio type receiver is capable decoding.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thank you very much for coming back to me Wanilton, very much appreciated, I will try those settings when I get back home tonight..

(2015-11-30, 12:34)Wanilton Wrote: @Blade1001

1. Skin is only 16:9 (1920x1080, 1280x720)

OK, thanks for confirming. I guess what is needed here is to maintain 1920 x 1080, but have black bars top and bottom so that the projector can be zoomed so that the Aeon interface fills the 2.35:1 screen, or in my case vertical anamorphic stretch applied and an anamorphic lens used. Everything would ofcourse need to be resized to maintain the correct geometry - not an easy task I'm sure!

Do you have any plans to add 2.35:1 support in MQ7 or is it never going to be added to Aeon MQ? If not, what, in terms of donations, would it take to fund the addition of this feature? (I'm thinking here is 2.35:1 aspect users could contribute together to help fund the development?).
@Blade1001, skin is make by MarcosQui only.

Marcos don´t have display 21:9, it´s necessary for create skin with support.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-11-30, 12:58)Wanilton Wrote: @Blade1001, skin is make by MarcosQui only.

Ah, sorry Wanilton, I thought you were one of the skin creators. I will try and contact Marcos directly through his website linked in your signature.
(2015-11-30, 12:58)Wanilton Wrote: @Blade1001, skin is make by MarcosQui only.

I have just been thinking about this Wanilton, and a 21:9 display shouldn't be required.

To get 2.35:1 functionality to work properly, the aspect ratio of Aeon would need to be kept at 1920 x 1080. What would need to happen is for black bars to be added to the interface at the top and bottom, and the interface resized to fit within the central area (taking up around 1920 x 817 pixels). 2.35:1 users would then either zoom in so that the interface filled their screen, or apply anamorphic vertical stretch to the image before passing through an anamorphic lens - as they have to do with 2.35:1 movies anyway.

Everything within Aeon would of course need to be resized to a) have the correct geometry, b) take advantage of the larger wider view (e.g. the menu bar would be longer with more of it visible), so essentially the Aeon interface would have the same apparent vertical height as the 16:9 version with everything scaled to match that, but with a longer horizonal length.

All this could be done, checked and supported on a standard 16:9 screen, it would just have the black bars visible top and bottom as with a scope movie. I'm not suggesting this is enough reason for Marcos to go ahead and implement it, just that he wouldn't need to 21:9 screen in order to be able to develop and support it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playback and 2.35:1 questions . . .1