Severe Tiling when watching Football games
Do you have "adjust refresh rate to match video" turned on? And "sync playback to display" turned off?

EDIT: You say it happens in WMC and Kodi, is this played back on the same machine or different machines? If the same there may be a video driver/setting issue
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Nothing to be sorry about. I just appreciate the discussion
Yes it seems to appear in the WTV file ass well. I did back in Nov. but plan on doing it again this weekend during the football games. That seems to be the only time I have the problem. Of course, that is the only time I watch liveTV.

I am going to make sure to capture a video clip the next go around for posterity
Dilligaf. Just saw your comment. Will confirm tonight
Same machine. I set Adjust refresh rate to match video to always. Sync playback to display was already off.
I have GT740 nvidia graphics card now but had a similar issue with a Radeon 7770. On the GT740, there don't seem to be tomany setting that would impact this but maybe I am just missing something.

I need to reconfirm that it occurs in WMC but back in Nov it definitely was.
Adjust refresh rate to video turned off will cause micro stuttering on fast moving scenes like live football so if that was turned off it could be your problem
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
At least that is a lead. In my case, it doesn't look like microstuttering. When the problem occurs, you get a bunch of square gray tiles that usually start on a boundary in the video image
In Kodi 15.2, the options seem to be off and always and on start stop
Appreciate your comments. Will try that out and post back.
I had to put adjust refresh rate back to off. very laggy playback
Here are a couple of examples of the tiling I am seeing. This is actually in the WTV file and always occurs at the same time.

Tiling during Football games
Since they are in the wtv does that mean that wmc shows the same problem when they are played back there?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yes. So it would seem that this is in the file. What I don't understand is why the diagnostic info sent to silicondust shows good signal and no network issues.
Do you have more than one si dust tuner? Could one of them just be bad?
I have 2 Primes so 6 tuners total. Whne I talk with SIliconDust I using report the glitches as I am watching the channel. so they should get on tuner that is in use.
? Do you see these glitches if you use their live-tv player?
WIll GIve that a shot.

Here is the response fro Silicondust

Reviewed the debug logs with Engineering.

Based on the logs, the HDHomeRun is happily streaming. Signal reception is good, the HDHomeRun is not dropping packets and is not reporting any network errors.

It's possible the problem is occurring from the cable plant. The HDHomeRun itself does not know the difference between a commercial or not. Switched digital video (SDV) allows Charter to carry more channels than they actually have capacity for by only turning on channels that someone in the area are actually watching. Football games likely carry high viewership causing bandwidth issues on Charter's end. There are more viewers than Charter has the capacity for.

Does it problem occur on less watched programs?
lol - more viewers then they have capacity for. I have charter too and football games are fine - maybe there are just less football fans in my area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Severe Tiling when watching Football games0