Youtube Push/Cast to Kodi (OSMC) Pi ver1
Hello,

Is it possible to push your youtube video that i am watching on my S4 Galaxy to kodi (Raspian/osmc) - Raspberry PI ?

Similarly to how the chromecast works? If this is obvious, my apologies... i tried looking for this feature but having some troubles. I noticed that you can stream to my osmc box using what looks like airplay but it does not appear on the screen. It will attempt to play but fails on the screen.

Thanks,
Brett
On my Tab S2 I can use Quick Connect to connect with and cast to my OpenElec Pi2, so you could maybe try that presuming OSMC has the same functionality (I think it's DLNA or uPnP so it should, although you may need to enable it).

The YouTube and the PushBullet add-ons could also be options to look at if not.

Or if you have Yatze or Kore installed on your S4 you can use the share option in the Android YouTube app to share videos to Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Smile
For Firefox on my phone, I use the Playit on Kodi Addon.

There are likely similar options for different browsers.
Install the you tube addon in kodi and yatse kodi remote on your phone then when watching in you tube click the share button and select the yatse option to play on kodi
I'll give some of your suggestions a try when i get a chance. Thanks again.
I tried the yatse remote share feature and it worked well ! It seemed pretty quick too. I would like to also explore a solution for iPhone ios 8/9 to have this feature.

I will try some of the other options as well and post my findings.

Thanks!
I found another remote control app called Kyra for IOS and i was sending youtube video's to kodi all evening. Worked well.

Worth a go.
Hi,

I have yatse and Kore both on mobile and use share option to play youtube's video on kodi. But have isses.

1/ With share option yatse or kore they appear bit down in the list of apps with which video can be shared. so it takes a while to do that. Any way can we bring the yatse or kore first in the list ?

2/ I was quite use to chromecast. so casting video using cast icon was easy and fast. Do we have similar any other wrapper app to case youtube's video to kodi?

3/ sometime share with kore does not work. you need to restart youtube app and try again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Push/Cast to Kodi (OSMC) Pi ver10