[Feature Request] CEC - Custom action when the TV is switched off
Hi,

There are three options in HDMI CEC "When TV is switched off" settings: Ignore, Sleep, Shut down.
I would like to have another option for stopping any ongoing playback (or ability to assign a custom command).

First of all the current CEC implementation is not consistent. There is an option to "Pause playback when switching to another source" however it does nothing when the TV is switched off. On the other hand switching off the TV means a permanent action and should involve permanent termination of playback. On RPi neither shutdown nor sleep operation make sense. A selectable stop action would be very useful.
The stop command would also be useful for Live TV reception where Pause playback is not applicable. In this case the TV switch off would lead to automatic release of PVR backend tuner resource.
Hi
as discussed in another thread, I also would find it very helpful, when Kodi would react on CEC events (like source changes, switching TV on or off) and e.g. communicate these events anyhow to an external script to allow shutdown of a headless vdr server or other needful things.

Blush

regards
Steffen
HI,
thus sleep isn't working on a Raspi I'd like to have an option to stop the VNSI PVR Addon when the TV goes to standby.
So the headless VDR Server can so to Standby too.

An other nice option would be "Wake On Lan" when TV is switched back on.

Or let the user select a Script to be called ...

Thanks

Markus
Hi,

i would find this feature also very helpful for controlling my headless vdr.

Thanks
Jack
I already considered this request forgotten when I was really surprised today, when installed Libreelec 7.95.2 including Kodi Krypton RC4.
Now, there are three new options in HDMI CEC "When TV is switched off" settings.

The bad news is that "Stop playback" option does not work. It leads to black screen and Kodi crash. I am going to open a ticket to fix this problem.
Ticket

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] CEC - Custom action when the TV is switched off0