[CLOSED]is there a way to recreate KodiBuntu experience using regular distro?
as the subj. says.
is there a way to recreate KodiBuntu experience using regular distro?
here is what I mean.
I have an AMD Phenon based machine with 6GB ram etc.
I installed KodiBuntu 14.x and upgraded to 15.1 as per how-to.
all is working except several things.
#1. I am having issues with sound over HDMI when I login to the desktop.
sound works perfectly in Kodi but in desktop it's nonexistent.
I am using a Gigabyte MB with build in video sound (will provide exact info later) that is an older model.
I used to have issue with Ubuntu/XBMC, setup as it have no driver support for that chip-set anymore (it is a Radeon HD 300 or something like that) and I had to track down and install drivers and do a bit of tweaking before I got sound over HDMI. but at least back than it was consistent, no sound over HDMI in desktop and XBMC. but now I have a full sound support in Kodi but no sound in desktop.

#2. after upgrade 14.x to 15.1 it seams I can not mount usb and media cards. I have media reader and usb ports and it will not mount any media. not in kodi nor in desktop.
if I go into terminal and mount the usb (do lsblk and find the proper drive) it seams to be mounting but on access give me no drive exist.
I can not even see the card reader at all.

so I was thinking, if I can setup a full linux distro like lubuntu first. do all the drivers and tweaking to make sound work. (I really do not like the Kodibuntu desktop) , is there a way to than install Kodi on it (yes I know you can install it ) AND setup so that it looks and feels just like KodiBuntu. I mean that it boots into Kodi and when needed I can quit to desktop in the same manner as kodibuntu and back.

thanks.

closed this post.

as I got home and played with my setup I realized that first of all kodibuntu is based on lubuntu so it would not be smart to go through all the trouble to end up in the same spot. also as I was reading some forums on ubuntu I came across alsamixer references. I tried playing with settings and now I have working sound so it is solved. now I only need to find a way to install a better terminal, really hate the lx terminal on libunut , and chrome instead of chromium and I will be golden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED]is there a way to recreate KodiBuntu experience using regular distro?0