• 8(current)
MINIX NEO U1: (64bit AMLogic S905 / 10-bit 4K HEVC / HDMI 2.0)
(2016-01-26, 09:10)Koying Wrote: Sorry, I didn't quite understand the last post.
So, in XBMC for Minix, THD Atmos is ok, but not DD+ Atmos, right?

wesk05, is the one testing, I'm just going by what is written from this post onwards:
http://www.minixforum.com/threads/bugtra...post-84692

Its all very confusing as testing should be Split into three versions and written a LOT more clearly:

- MINIX XBMC version
- Kodi 16.0 Experimental version
- AMLogic native movie player

(2016-01-26, 08:57)wrxtasy Wrote: So Dolby True HD Atmos does not work but Dolby Digital Plus Atmos for the native AMLogic native Movie player.
With Kodi Passthrough - Dolby True HD Atmos does work but Dolby Digital Plus Atmos is buggy.

(2016-01-26, 09:10)Koying Wrote: Sorry, I didn't quite understand the last post.
So, in XBMC for Minix, THD Atmos is ok, but not DD+ Atmos, right?

Here is what works and doesn't:
XBMC for Minix - Both Dolby TrueHD and Digital Plus Atmos works. However after a seek, audio goes out of sync.
Native Movie Player - Only Dolby Digital Plus Atmos works. It for some reason doesn't even detect the TrueHD track.

I haven't yet tested Kodi 16.0 Experimental version on Minix U1.
Ok thanks, I'm going to update Post #1 to only reflect what works for the XBMC for MINIX version that ships (or updates) with the U1 otherwise life will get too confusing.

The official stance of Minix is that U1 doesn't support Dolby Atmos. So, we may have to go by that.
MINIX-Ken Wrote:I think the thread you quoted is a better place to discuss this matter.
We don't and we can't bring this forward, they are the developers who can make a change.
Our official reply will be the same - Dolby Atmos is not a supported format.
We won't stop any hackings that might get it working on our device(s).
I know it can be played.

Minix Ken's post on Minix forum
So, it unofficially works, but just don't seek or skip ahead?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-30, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: So, it unofficially works, but just don't seek or skip ahead?
Yes, unofficially it works and that too with both Dolby TrueHD and Digital Plus Atmos tracks! I have to recheck the seek/skip issue. I kind of have to rule out whether it was a network related issue or not.
Okay, thx. Seems what's left is DTS-MA passthru & waiting on AML for proper 3D output (albeit half-rez)?
My HT
(2016-01-30, 03:44)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, thx. Seems what's left is DTS-MA passthru & waiting on AML for proper 3D output (albeit half-rez)?
DTS-HD Master Audio passthrough is also working, but may have isolated playback issues. 3D MVC still doesn't work (At least I have not got it to work with XBMC for Minix).
How does this compare to the Wetex Core?
(2016-01-30, 14:47)sandogo1 Wrote: How does this compare to the Wetex Core?

Wetek have dts and dolby license, and drm.
Do you need spelling lessons ? Wink

WETEK

Got this from a reliable source:
Quote:Amlogic is working on native 3D-ISO & BDMV & frame packing playback
Good to hear, and I'm guessing this is the same, using Koying's MVC hack & w/half-rez render.
My HT
(2016-01-30, 16:10)wrxtasy Wrote:
Do you need spelling lessons ? Wink

WETEK
HAHA The Wetex is the new stuff st8 out of china...
Curious why this thread is deserted and the Wetek Core one is on fire. The U1 is perfect and no tweaks required? Smile

I prefer the Core because if I run into any problems with Kodi Android I have the OpenElec option. Otherwise both seem fine for me since neither can play Netflix in full HD AND with 5.1 audio so I will use my Smart TV or keep my WDTV for that.

But there has been no information on availability for a long time now, so I'm starting to give up waiting for the Core and thinking about placing an order for an U1. Will I regret my impatience? I watch XviD AVI's and H.264 MKVs with DD5.1/DTS passthrough most of the time.
I've heard the end of the month for more Core.

MINIX seem to be a bit of a mystery. They really don't have a lot of Kodi community engagement, even their previous products like the NEO X8H+ did not receive a lot of attention on these forums.

It could possibly all be down to price that can go up to the $150 range where the nVIDIA Shield then comes into consideration, and other dirt cheap S905 devices undercut them on price, quite a bit. Newbie Android purchasers appear pretty price sensitive.

I believe once you start selling a relatively expensive (for Android) product in 2016. One that is just a one trick pony just running Android Lollipop without the flexibility of say OpenELEC, 4K / 1080p DRM Video streaming Apps like Netflix or semi-decent light gaming and Android TV OS like the Shield offers, potential purchasers look elsewhere for that added value.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U1: (64bit AMLogic S905 / 10-bit 4K HEVC / HDMI 2.0)2