Has Jarvis Forgot How to Cache?
W10, Nvidia, Confluence and latest nightly.
This has been occurring longer than I can I remember so I can't narrow down and wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?
This could be due to W10 + Kodi conflict or Kodi version change.
No hardware has been changed, only software and drivers.

I have 8 large internal HDD's and an SSD set to spin down after 7 mins.
I have scan for new content on startup enabled and use artwork downloader/use local files with tmdb as source.
All the files are local in separate folders and artwork is in each title folder.

When I start Kodi, all the drives spin-up since it's looking for new content on the drives and scans.
When it's complete, the drives spin down after 7 mins.
So far so good.

Once the drives are spun down due to lack of activity, if I browse my library, there is no artwork shown and the navigation stalls until the drive spins up for the title I'm focused on.
Once I'm able to navigate, it again stalls and I have to wait until the drive spins up for the new title I'm focused on. The artwork loads and I can continue until a title on another drive, that has not spun up, is in focus and on it goes.

Same happens after watching a title and return to browse library.

Isn't the point of using a cache so that the actual files are not called and the cache is?
Fwiw, using the cache maintenance utility to force real time cache makes no difference after running.
Also, if a title is removed, I continue to see it in the library until the library is cleaned. So, it must be caching. This is where I'm confused.

I know this has not always been the case.
I know Kodi has navigated the library without any issues and did it using the cache.
The only time a drive ever had to spin up was when it needed to access the actual media and spun back down when finished.

Is it just my system or has anyone else noticed this?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I see I'm not alone......

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258082
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has Jarvis Forgot How to Cache?0