YouTube Addon 5.1.12 sorting problems
My youtube addon 5.1.12 does not sort the video dates properly with Kodi 15.2. Previous version 5.1.11 worked fine. Does anyone else have this issue?
(2015-12-03, 01:32)Cal777 Wrote: My youtube addon 5.1.12 does not sort the video dates properly with Kodi 15.2. Previous version 5.1.11 worked fine. Does anyone else have this issue?

Please use the search and proper forum thread...also provide more details about the problem...maybe a screenshot.
Release - YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix
(2015-12-03, 09:31)bromix Wrote:
(2015-12-03, 01:32)Cal777 Wrote: My youtube addon 5.1.12 does not sort the video dates properly with Kodi 15.2. Previous version 5.1.11 worked fine. Does anyone else have this issue?

Please use the search and proper forum thread...also provide more details about the problem...maybe a screenshot.
Release - YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix
5.1.11 version used to have a sort option that was "Year" now it is "Date" with the 12 version. On both my windows 7 machine running 15.2 with Aeon Nox Skin, and RP2 running 14.2 with confluence skin, they will not sort the search by "Date" properly. The videos are not organizing by the dates for ascending or descending. Before the automatic update to 12, a few days ago, it was working fine. I would do a rollback, to see if 12 is the problem, but that option is greyed out.
watch gallery

I attached (2) supporting images. One with the search settings and another with the results. Notice that the videos are not arranged in a date specific order. They should be arranged chronologically as the setting would suggest. Again, this worked perfectly in version 11.

I copied this question to the suggested thread.
Check it out here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2177394
Post # 2615, #2646, and #2659
Oh wait wait:

I have 5 minutes ago post a similar problems here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2180082

All installed on OSMC (kodi 15.2 based i thinks) and latest version of youtube official app Smile
(2015-12-07, 03:33)DjDiabolik Wrote: Oh wait wait:

I have 5 minutes ago post a similar problems here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2180082

All installed on OSMC (kodi 15.2 based i thinks) and latest version of youtube official app Smile

Hopefully Bromix can fix the problem with a code tweak.
(2015-12-08, 00:42)Cal777 Wrote:

Conclusion:

The “sort by” filter for the YouTube addon Version 5.1.12 does not work when looking through the results of a search, or previous searches. I tried it in 14.2, 15.2, and Jarvis 16, with different skins. In addition, I used a fresh Kodi download only using the YouTube addon, and it still didn’t work.
There doesn’t seem to be much interest to solve this problem, but here is a workaround:
If you are lucky enough to have used the Backup program addon; restore from a previous backup that has a YouTube version 5.1.11 or older.
Going forward; set your update settings to “never.” That way you can pick and choose which updates you want to install. Once it is running the way you want it to, back it up. That way you only update the addons that have been fully tested, and do not compromise the function of the addon.
If you really need to sort by date, and restore is not an option, then you can just go to a browser and use the YouTube website and filter by upload date, until the newer update fixes the problem.
The addon authors should offer rollbacks of previous stable versions, and offer the newer untested updates more like a beta offering for people to try out. If it is corrupted, then they can rollback to a previous version.
(2015-12-14, 21:42)Cal777 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 00:42)Cal777 Wrote:

Conclusion:

The “sort by” filter for the YouTube addon Version 5.1.12 does not work when looking through the results of a search, or previous searches. I tried it in 14.2, 15.2, and Jarvis 16, with different skins. In addition, I used a fresh Kodi download only using the YouTube addon, and it still didn’t work.
There doesn’t seem to be much interest to solve this problem, but here is a workaround:
If you are lucky enough to have used the Backup program addon; restore from a previous backup that has a YouTube version 5.1.11 or older.
Going forward; set your update settings to “never.” That way you can pick and choose which updates you want to install. Once it is running the way you want it to, back it up. That way you only update the addons that have been fully tested, and do not compromise the function of the addon.
If you really need to sort by date, and restore is not an option, then you can just go to a browser and use the YouTube website and filter by upload date, until the newer update fixes the problem.
The addon authors should offer rollbacks of previous stable versions, and offer the newer untested updates more like a beta offering for people to try out. If it is corrupted, then they can rollback to a previous version.

Update:

Version 5.1.13/14/15 does not fix the sort by "date" setting when searching. Version 15, however, will sort by date when in the "default" sort by setting, but the ascending and descending has no effect.
The author now allows, as of 12/21/15, the rollback option, but only back to version 12, which is where the problem started. Too bad the rollback did not extend to version 11.
(2015-12-21, 19:07)Cal777 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 21:42)Cal777 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 00:42)Cal777 Wrote: Hopefully Bromix can fix the problem with a code tweak.

Conclusion:

Update:

Version 5.1.13/14/15 does not fix the sort by "date" setting when searching. Version 15, however, will sort by date when in the "default" sort by setting, but the ascending and descending has no effect.
The author now allows, as of 12/21/15, the rollback option, but only back to version 12, which is where the problem started. Too bad the rollback did not extend to version 11.

Update 12/25/15

5.1.16 will not sort by date, in any setting including "default", and you can no longer rollback. Version 11 was the last fully working version for sorting searches.
You quote yourself?
And don't understand a little hint...POST IN HERE:==> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
Once I thought I was mistaken, but I was mistaken.
Don't say thanks, if I helped, just rate my reputation =)
(2015-12-25, 19:13)JPXNET Wrote: You quote yourself?
And don't understand a little hint...POST IN HERE:==> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735

I did post in the other thread, and reference that earlier in this thread accompanied with a link to the post. I am updating this short thread, to try and answer the original question that seems to go unanswered, and unfixed in the other thread. It is merely an update for viewers who don't have the time, nor enjoy, forum banter, and just want answers. Unless you have a code update to fix the sorting problem, which will conclude this thread, please ... POST IN HERE:==> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Addon 5.1.12 sorting problems1