Skin settings button
I am interested in creating buttons for changing skin settings. I'm wondering if this can be done when customizing the home menu where you can enter a custom path, like in Aeon Nox or Arctic Zephyr. For example, to toggle the skins theme, is there a way to do this using the "Skin.Theme" command? or "Skin.ToggleSetting?"
Moved to the OS independent forum, as discussions isn't the place for help requests.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And I would move it to "Development" Forum...best would be the "Skin" subsection, because this seems to be skin development related,

Not everything is "General Support".
True, it would be a better place still (and is now there).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Code:
Skin.Theme    Cycles the skin theme. Skin.theme(-1) will go backwards.

http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_Functions
(2015-12-03, 15:47)Hitcher Wrote:
Code:

Your link is what I was looking at to get the info. Within the UI of some skins, in this case Arctic Zephyr, there are options to make a submenu with custom actions. So would the correct way to write this be "
Code:
Skin.Theme
?"
(2015-12-03, 17:54)xTyD23x Wrote:
(2015-12-03, 15:47)Hitcher Wrote:
Code:

Your link is what I was looking at to get the info. Within the UI of some skins, in this case Arctic Zephyr, there are options to make a submenu with custom actions. So would the correct way to write this be "
Code:
Skin.Theme
?"

I didn't think about the fact that using the [code.... was going to show up like that. I want to call out some of these built in functions as commands mapped to a button. Any way to make this happen? I want a button on the Home screen under the Settings section that says "Toggle Skin Theme" or "Toggle Colors," etc.
Code:
<onclick>Skin.Theme</onclick>
(2015-12-04, 09:03)Hitcher Wrote:
Code:
<onclick>Skin.Theme</onclick>

I have tried this and it does not work. I am specifically asking if it is possible to add this FROM WITHIN KODI by creating a custom item in the submenu of a Home screen item using the skin's settings. I assume that since we are creating a button within the UI of the skin, the "onclick" function is not necessary since that is probably built into the skin. I did, however, try this with no luck.

Thanks for the reply! I'm no coder, but I'm loving digging in to this stuff and learning. Sorry if I haven't been clear because of the way I'm wording things. I think now it is clear what I'm trying to accomplish though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin settings button0