Small issues with MQ6
Hi
Love the skin - MQ skins have always been the best by far!
I have a few issues/questions that I need to resolve to be completely happy with my setup (Isengaard / MQ6 3.2).

1. Really annoying - if I go into an addon (or local folder) that does not have its own fanart it displays the fanart of the last addon that did have fanart. I.e. If i've used the you tube addon then the huge youtube logo/fanart stays there if I then go to an addon that has no background. It looks really bad, and I haven't noticed it with other skins.

2. Themes - nothing other than the standard theme is working for me. Clicked to download the MQ6 Extrapack, perhaps it didn't download properly as there is nothing new available to me.

3. I don't understand the 'my menu X' feature (in the list of options for homescreen shortcuts). Is this just saved home menu presets? When I save a preset and name it, I still only have 'my menu 1', 'my menu 2', etc, to select from for the home menu and they do nothing. Am I misunderstanding this feature?

Thanks for your help!
The skin runs beautifully in Windows on my Celeron NUC. I like that it has been made a bit lighter than MQ5.
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

(2015-12-03, 12:42)flekz Wrote: 2. Themes - nothing other than the standard theme is working for me. Clicked to download the MQ6 Extrapack, perhaps it didn't download properly as there is nothing new available to me.

I had to try 2 or 3 times to download the extrapack before it was successful. You can manually install the extrapack from the Kodi Repo under Program Add-ons.
@fleckz,

My menu is used for concentrate items (ex. Audio addons, Video addons, Program Addons etc)...go to settings, submenu customize main menu, replace item or empty item with My Menu, rename for descriptive name like Video Addons, now press left arrow for customize items (submenu), replace each empty item with one video addon (choose video addon option on third panel), Now go to main menu, you have Video Addons item, press up arrow, select widget for My Menu 1, and you have shortcut for each video addon...

Presets is used for create 10 different main menu, and change one for other on the fly, have 2 options for alternate preset for other, via submenu in settings, or press S for context menu. Example one for you, other for your wife, other for you kid, or one specific only with video focus, other main menu with focus in audio (music, audio addons). Presets is very powerfull...no more 1 single main menu. Think you have 10 available, and you change one for other easily.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-12-03, 15:24)Wanilton Wrote: @fleckz,

My menu is used for concentrate items (ex. Audio addons, Video addons, Program Addons etc)...go to settings, submenu customize main menu, replace item or empty item with My Menu, rename for descriptive name like Video Addons, now press left arrow for customize items (submenu), replace each empty item with one video addon (choose video addon option on third panel), Now go to main menu, you have Video Addons item, press up arrow, select widget for My Menu 1, and you have shortcut for each video addon...

Presets is used for create 10 different main menu, and change one for other on the fly, have 2 options for alternate preset for other, via submenu in settings, or press S for context menu. Example one for you, other for your wife, other for you kid, or one specific only with video focus, other main menu with focus in audio (music, audio addons). Presets is very powerfull...no more 1 single main menu. Think you have 10 available, and you change one for other easily.

Thank you for this. I still don't think I understand My Menu. How it is different to just going to an empty slot and naming it 'video addons' and putting some addons in the submenu? What have I missed?

Regarding presets, yes I had this same idea - having separate menu preset for me, the wife, and our little 'un.
Cheers
Devices
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2

(2015-12-03, 12:42)flekz Wrote: 1. Really annoying - if I go into an addon (or local folder) that does not have its own fanart it displays the fanart of the last addon that did have fanart. I.e. If i've used the you tube addon then the huge youtube logo/fanart stays there if I then go to an addon that has no background. It looks really bad, and I haven't noticed it with other skins.

So what about this issue guys? Any experience the same?
Devices

Extrapack is now working, which is good news.

Also, I have had another play with the My Menu feature and I understand this a bit more now. Still, the only thing I can see this brings is the ability to have user-selected addons as widgets. Otherwise you can set up a menu with your favourite addons quite easily. Anyway, I will use it for my most used addons.

Thanks
Devices

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small issues with MQ60