Christmas Theme!!!
The kids asked if I could smash together something that looked a little more festive... so I did! This is my 1st and possibly only attempt at creating a theme, they are happy so it did the job!!! I know it wont be for everyone, it maybe a little rough around the edges for some people... I am also aware that other holidays are available, but don't get all anti Christmas on me, if you don't like it just jog on Big Grin

The theme is a mash up of SILK, Steampunk, default and some of my own changes... I use a different set of media flags in a few places which.. again may not be for everyone!

The files required are here Christmas Theme Just unpack the .rar file and follow the instructions.

I have also included instructions and files required for SNOW... wonderful isn't it.!

Its hard to see in the below image, but you get a nice gentle snow fall... I like it.. the kids love it, I got bonus points with the OH.. this made me happy! All the files and info for the snow are available here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=144360 I just wanted to make it a bit easier.

If you use the snow, it will only fall between December 1st and January 5th. Am assuming, these changes will also be over written if you update the Skin!

Enjoy... happy holidays... merry Christmas.. peace and love to all... etc etc..

ALSO A MASSIVE thanks to the Skinners who make all this possible, just doing this mangled theme gave me a new appreciation for what they do!!!
Thanks for sharing your work. I'm a recent ex-mediaportal user still learning my way around Kodi but was able to install this theme without a hitch with your included instructions. Looks nice and the wife loves it.

One question, the candy candy frame that shows in your screenshots above does not appear on my screen, I get just a plain gold frame. Did I miss installing something or a setting somewhere?
Hmm that seems a little funky! Do other elements like the background show?
(2015-12-04, 13:22)ziggy73701 Wrote: Hmm that seems a little funky! Do other elements like the background show?
Yes, Just the frame seems different. Here is a screenshot.

Sorry for the delay.... currently dealing with daughters Bday Party and a broken toe Big Grin

I will recheck it on a clean build and see what is occurring!
No hurry, enjoy your daughters birthday.

If it helps any, I did find that the frame I am seeing is the same one that is in the Steampunk theme that comes with the Metropolis skin. BTW this was a fresh install of the Metropolis skin for me as I just installed it to use for your theme.
Sorry about not coming back to you sooner... managed to get myself some hard core man flu (am lucky to be alive!)

Ok, have had a play around and tested it a few times and I have got nothing on this one Big Grin what version of kodi are you using? Ill be honest... you have peaked my curiosity!
I am now using Jarvis beta 3, was beta 2 when I first installed Metropolis skin and your theme. There was no change between the 2 betas. Other than the frame image the skin and theme works perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Christmas Theme!!!0