v15 Playing album from Home screen "Recently added albums" thumbnail
Hi all,

New user here. Thanks for any help.

System: Kodi 15.2 / Confluence 2.7.4

When I select a "Recently added albums" thumbnail from the Home screen it starts playing but sorts the playlist by track name rather than track number. In other words the tracks play in alphabetical order of track title -- which ends up being close to random.

image: http://postimg.org/image/mz5dg9d3z/

Makes no sense to me why anyone would want to play tracks in that order. Is there a setting I'm missing? If not, is there a way to modify the skin so that albums play in track order when selected from the Home screen thumbnail? If so, can someone help and show me how and where to modify the skin so the playlist is in track order. I'd really appreciate it. As it is now, the Home screen thumbnails are pretty useless, except as eye-candy.

Thanks for any help. -- Pixel8tor
Hi all,

I guess no one uses Kodi for their music collection, and that's why there hasn't been any answer to my question. I was hoping for some clues from Jezz_X (the skin's author). Now I'm wonder if this is how the thumbnails are supposed to act. (playing albums in song title order rather than track number order - still sounds crazy to me) And since Kodi's homepage says they're trying to tighten up how music is handled you'd think sorting stuff like this out would be important. Anyway I'm still looking for a solution to this, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Also if anyone can verify that's how Home screen Album thumbnails are supposed to work I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any help. -- Pixel8tor
it uses the selected sort method from the musiclibrary.

so go to 'Music' > 'Songs'
and on the sidemenu select 'Sort by: Track'
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks so much, worked a charm, but you have to admit it's a strange default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing album from Home screen "Recently added albums" thumbnail0