Directly adding URL to Favorite
Hey guys, I am trying to add URLs to Favorites (with title and icon on display) and I am having some trouble.

1. I edit the favourites.xml file and add this --> <favourite name="JUCE">PlayMedia(&quot;http://acaooyalahd2-lh.akamaihd.net/i/TBN03_delivery@186241/master.m3u8&quot;)</favourite>

2. It works, and I see this

3. I would like to
A) Have the title of the channel replace the "master.m38u"
B) Insert an icon with the channel logo.

I know both can be done because they are there in just about all the addons.

Thanks guys
Probably the easiest way to do A&B is:
Go to Favourites from Main Menu on Kodi
Right click on the Favourite you want to change and:
A) click "Rename" to change title
B) click "Choose thumbnail" to select a icon.

(The actual selection text may vary depending on your skin, but it should be similar)
Thanks t1m (btw I *love* your addons), I did both of your suggestion however I am in the same place.
A) the name of the addon is not the title that is displayed
B) the thumbnail is the one displayed in the favorites windows, not the icon displayed when the stream is playing.

Any other thoughts?
I think the title (master.m3u8) is actually pulled from the stream itself. So if the stream was broadcasing "Juce" or whatever, it would show that instead. I don't know for sure though.
Sorry, I didn't really look at the photo showing that what you want to change is while the favourite is in the player, I thought you meant the favourite itself.
You may be able to do that with an .NFO file, but I'm not sure if that works with a favourite. Another thought is the "Super Favourites" addon (kodi.org repo under Program Addons) which manages the favourites in folders (great addon BTW), I've never tried setting up an NFO file with it but it may work. Maybe a read here in the support thread will tell you:
192662 (thread)

EDIT I tried the following and it worked for me:
if you put whatever you want to make a favourite into a folder and create a .NFO file of exactly the same name and in the same folder as the video file, you can make a favourite of the video file and the .NFO info will display when playing. I tested this with some music video .mp4s that I set up .nfo files for and it seems to work fine. If you are using a plugin or http url for the video, create a .strm file containing the url to play, make a .nfo with the same name and in the same directory, then make the .STRM file the favourite.

NFO_files (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directly adding URL to Favorite0