Additional genres: How?
Hello,

the genres provided by default are not enough.

How can I add another genre like "Christmas" for example? Do I need a special addon or can I manually edit a file/configuration?

I'm using kodi on y raspberry pi (openelec).

Kind regards

xbmc4me
cU

xbmc4me
Just include "Christmas" as a genre in your NFO, it will be added to the database automatically and listed in the Genres category.

Although strictly speaking "Christmas" isn't really a genre, might you be better off with a "Christmas" Tag? Add the tag in Videos -> Library -> Movies -> Tags.

Tags aren't supported by NFOs however, so refreshing an item would probably lose any associated Tag, which wouldn't happen with a custom genre.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks a lot for your fast response.

Is there a tool to generate nfo files?
cU

xbmc4me
Several... Ember Media Manager, TinyMediaManager etc.

Also documented in the Wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvshows
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-04, 19:21)Milhouse Wrote: Tags aren't supported by NFOs however, so refreshing an item would probably lose any associated Tag, which wouldn't happen with a custom genre.

<panto> Oh yes they are! <panto>
Happy to stand corrected. Smile
I only know because my wife asked told me to sort out a Christmas menu this evening - I added tags to .nfo's with Media Companion.
I used Node Editor to create a Christmas node that includes all films that are stored in a folder called Christmas.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-12-06, 02:43)speedwell68 Wrote: I used Node Editor to create a Christmas node that includes all films that are stored in a folder called Christmas.

Sorry to drag this up but it is that time of year again, i just want to be able to go to Movies, Genres and have a Christmas list next to action adventure etc.
Is this possible? is there an idiots guide on how to achieve it with minimal fuss?
Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional genres: How?0