v15 Mass Music Collection
Hello,

What is the best way to import a mass music collection that is stored on a Mac OS X SMB server?

I have about 30,000 songs i would like to import. Does anyone have any experience with this that they could share? Often times i tried to import the music and it fails to import as there are too many songs. Any thoughts or ideas will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Brett
It won't fail because of that many songs, if it fails at all, its because you have some corrupted tags somewhere.

Go for it, but if you choose to do online lookups etc, its going to take a long time!
Hi Helta,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try it and let'er run. I'm also interested in sharing the db library in a mysql database. Will give it a g...

Brett
Ok well if you do that, setup your mysql database first. There is no point in scanning into the local database, then having to re-scan everything again to get it into the mysql database.
good idea.
I have imported over 100,000 songs absolutely fine, as far as I know there are not limits with Kodi. At least I have not found them yet Big Grin
Your music experience in Kodi will depend on the quality of your tagging. With a large collection I suggest that you populate the library first just scanning the data from the tags, and see how you get on before attempting to scrape additional album and artist art etc. from external databases. That could be a slow process, and the results will also depend on the tagging too.

Depending on how your music files are organised you could add folders at a time, but why not go fo it. Number of items should not be a problem, it just might take a while (and look like nothing is happening). Failures are usually down to tagging problems, as has been said.

Let us know how you get on.
(2015-12-07, 17:25)zag Wrote: I have imported over 100,000 songs absolutely fine, as far as I know there are not limits with Kodi. At least I have not found them yet Big Grin

100,000? Seriously. .could you even live long enough to to listen to that many track?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mass Music Collection0