Moving from mediaportal
I have been using mediaportal for a long time and am just sick of it, always another issue so I were looking at giving Kodi a try. I have seen I can d almost everything I want but there are a few things remaining:

1 - is there a skin or can I easily modify one to give more rows in the EPG, if I have 12 rows ( they can easily fit, I have it in mediaportal though not many skins do it) I can fit all the channels I am normally interested in, without having to scroll

2 - when I set up a recording in MP I believe it is based on the name and when the program moves to a new time (happens frequently) the recording still records it, it looks like the Kodi recordings only record between two times? this would cause missed recordings every second week, anything I can do about that, am I missing something?

3 - much more minor but can I make the live TV default to the EPG rather than the channel list?

4 - what is the status of blue ray playing, do they work with proper (bdj) menus? I already have decryption software that I'm guessing I still need.
looks like I found something on Q4, it looks like it will be in the next version (in development now), sounds good, I don't expect in in MP any time soon.
I understand that one of the features in the new version (currently in beta 2) is series recording ... I've been looking forward to this for ages!
Yes, series recording is being worked on very actively.
I have been testing the latest PVR release that DVBLogic adjusted to reflect the new API changes in the latest Kodi beta's.
Series recording possibilities are now extended/native, which addresses your Q2 quite nicely, btw.

The PVR side of Kodi i think is starting to mature, i am happy i jumped on just when i did.
There's going to be a lot of fun using Kodi as the main MC!
Aeon Nox 5 will give you lots of channel view rows, I personally prefer this to the EPG view as it also shows whats next.

Also I would suggest to try Kodi's Titan skin for seamless moving from MP - a port of MP's Titan but with much more features.
(2015-12-08, 10:40)kirill_mmm Wrote: Also I would suggest to try Kodi's Titan skin for seamless moving from MP - a port of MP's Titan but with much more features.

2nd on Titan. Great skin.

Also let's you change the number of rows displayed in the EPG from one of the config screens. I believe it goes up to 12.
where abouts is that setting? I can't seem to find it?
it looks like the beta might do what I need.
it looks like folders for programs might be a bit hit and miss, some programs with the same names go together and others don't.
still very limited in control over TV recordings. What do people do with this type of software, it appears watching TV is a low priority (same for mediaportal)? I know it does lots of other things but I mostly want to watch TV.

perhaps a silly question, but the titan skin doesn't seem to have a power menu, how do I close Kodi when I'm running titan? (or am I just blind and missing the menu). and from the TV guide how do I access the menu on the left from the keyboard (without using the mouse)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from mediaportal0