• 14(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-15, 13:25)popcornmix Wrote: Are you using "pll adjust"? That is limited in how much speed adjustment it can do - live TV can need larger adjustments. Try with "resample audio".

Seems to be OK with resample thanks. I'll keep testing to check with different programmes/channels.
(2015-12-13, 16:25)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 16:04)schub Wrote: I have noticed this since my kids were not able to completely view our recorded movies.
Every now and then to movie stops without any reason and the raspberry is not accessible via SSH anymore
and i have to power it off.
Today a had time to open an SSH-session while watching video and saw
the the oom killer had stopped TVHeadend backend running on the pi.
After that i upgraded to #1212 and emptied .kodi folder.
Now with my freshly install i watched some videos while running bcmstat
and that show an steadily increasing used memory until i shutdown kodi.

Can you identify the first build with this problem?
Can you confirm it is kodi.bin (rather than tvheadend backend) that is consuming the memory?
Does it occur with omxplayer enabled/disabled?
Does it occur with "sync playback to display" enabled/disabled?

Hi popcornmix,

i have made two tests. I have power on the PI, stopped tvheadend server and
played a video. Memory split is 256/256, sync display to playback.
The video is a recorded movie MPEG-2 interlaced, recorded with tvheadend running on this pi.
The tests were made with OMX disabled, one time with interlace set to automatic,
and one time with interlace disabled. Both times the pi does nearly freeze because of low memory.
On the second test i manage to hold a ssh session open and after killall -9 kodi.bin
the memory usage goes down to before the video was started.

I had also bcmstat.sh running both times. I it may help i may upload them somewhere.

Thanks
(2015-12-16, 23:24)schub Wrote: played a video. Memory split is 256/256, sync display to playback.

I'd recommend gpu_mem=144 for a 512M Pi. 256 is recommended for a 1G Pi2.
(2015-12-16, 23:28)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 23:24)schub Wrote: played a video. Memory split is 256/256, sync display to playback.

I'd recommend gpu_mem=144 for a 512M Pi. 256 is recommended for a 1G Pi2.

Ok, i will do some new tests...
Hi milhouse,
In build 1215 a lot of my video files the audio is out of sync and i noticed sometimes audio drops.

Here is a log

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks!
Hi Milhouse,
In build 2015 I have problem with NAVI-X.

LOG:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCpException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
-NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type `exceptions.AttributeError`>
Error Contents: `module` object has no attribute `PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER` Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.navi-x/dafault.py", line 318, in <module> win=navix.MainWindow(MainSkinFile,addon.getAddonInfo(`path`)) #,`Default`,`720p`
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.navi-x/src/navix.py", line 181, in __init__ self.player_core=xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER
AttributeError: `module` object has no attribute `PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER`
--> End of Python script error report<--
No support for piracy add-ons here.
dvdplayer has gone - they need to fix their add-on to not request a specific player.
New OpenELEC K* build #1216: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.3 #1 Wed Dec 16 21:06:04 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151216210355-#1216-gd358736 [Build #1216]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001711.806: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d358736f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (abfabe8c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.3.3 kernel
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • fix saving of skin settings when switching profiles (PR:8481, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Prevent taglib from crashing kodi (PR:8524, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr][fix] wrong selected channel item in PVR windows (PR:8602, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • cosmetics: fix indentation in JSON-RPC's methods.json (84589c31)
  2. dcadec:
    • Document internal structure fields. (9508bcba)
    • Simplify logging callback management. (53e32d7d)
    • Drop unneeded prefix from internal defines. (1a9339ef)
    • Remove unused fixed math functions. (e90e373b)
    • Add missing stdarg.h include. (d9f56c54)
    • Replace remaining speaker masks with layout define. (8a759860)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! VideoPlayer: start players if audio is ready and video is just a still frame (365c3323)
      • [settings] Remove DTS-HD from general settings (8096c255)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Linux: update to 4.3.3
    • Added: [env] PR:4494: ffmpeg: Package kodi's ffmpeg releases directly
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-16, 11:06)doldi Wrote: 1) the info bar dont show the correct info - expiration - time stagnate.

This should be fixed in latest build.
(2015-12-17, 01:22)popcornmix Wrote: No support for piracy add-ons here.
dvdplayer has gone - they need to fix their add-on to not request a specific player.
Ok, sorry I am newbie in Kodi. I respect it
(2015-12-17, 02:13)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 11:06)doldi Wrote: 1) the info bar dont show the correct info - expiration - time stagnate.

This should be fixed in latest build.

not fixed :
After swichting of Audio Option in DVDmenu my Desktop is black - don't work - Kodi is after them not operable.
Only with Audiosettings in Kodimenu (Audiostrem) the DVD will work.

Edit:
some hours later:
Playing VideoAddon MTV.de - the infobar on screen is disappeared.
No stop, pause, next, home key...
only over my keyboard with push"Esc" i will go back.
(2015-12-14, 17:30)MrNice Wrote: On 2015-08-28 16:25 Milhouse wrote
(2015-08-28, 16:25)Milhouse Wrote: Unfortunately scrolling text is a known performance issue - the simplest solution is to highlight a shorter label that won't cause scrolling.

Perhaps it's possible to stop text from scrolling when a player is active on single-core platforms such as the Pi1 that are more sensitive to GUI updates.
(2015-08-28, 16:16)MrNice Wrote: Isengard 5.945.4

CPU usage very high when horizontal text scroll happen.
To reproduce, create an empty folder, name it with a long character string or/and rename a music/video file with a long string.

Compare CPU usage between no scrolling and a scrolling name with debug or ssh/top

With my RPi1-512 overclocked at 1000 I get:
Low: 15-20%
High:65-75%
When I play HD multichannel music I get drops.

I still can't play some files, a lot of drops due to scrolling text.
Is there any improvement in the new build, fix or workaround?
I didn't get any answer.
YES or NO could be enough
Thanks
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Did you try a new build?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

As I previously mentioned I am currently having problems with icon transparency since switching to builds later than #1213 where using following specific suggested commands in #1216 and then back in #1213 (Which appeared to run OK) does not appear to have resolved icon transparency issue.

Code:
find /storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails -type f -mtime -1 -delete
texturecache.py Xd

Apologies for being a pain, can you clarify exactly what I need to do, or is it that I just ignore keep updating and in future build icon transparencies will be correct again? I am currently on #1213
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2015-12-17, 20:14)MikeKL Wrote: @Milhouse

As I previously mentioned I am currently having problems with icon transparency since switching to builds later than #1213 where using following specific suggested commands in #1216 and then back in #1213 (Which appeared to run OK) does not appear to have resolved icon transparency issue.

Code:
find /storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails -type f -mtime -1 -delete
texturecache.py Xd

Apologies for being a pain, can you clarify exactly what I need to do, or is it that I just ignore keep updating and in future build icon transparencies will be correct again? I am currently on #1213

There's a time component in the command ("-mtime -1" - match files modified during the previous 1 day) so the longer you leave it the less likely it is to work.

If you run the following commands today (17 December) it will delete all Thumbnail files created since 13 December:
Code:
find /storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails -type f -mtime -4 -delete
texturecache.py Xd

If you run it tomorrow, 18 December, it will only delete files created since 14 December, so increase the -mtime value (ie. -5) for each additional day after 17 December, relative to 13 December.

If this doesn't work, rename Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder, and re-test.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6