last.fm - ability to block songs in certain folders
I would like the ability to prevent last.fm from submitting certain songs when I play them. Blocking for all songs within a folder and subfolders would be the most helpful, but blocking certain artists or albums would be fine too.

I have a bunch of music for my two year old in my music share under a 'Childrens Music' folder. I play these for her fairly often, but I don't really want them added to my own last.fm charts. I don't want last.fm to start recommending kids songs.
This is more of a hack than a solution.

Why not set up a second profile?

And have a login screen. Then when you want to play the kiddie choons, you just reboot. Select the kiddies profile (which does not have last.fm information added) and do the singalong in style. Without having to worry about being reccomended the wiggles.
I would rather have a solution that I could control with a one time setup, rather than one that depends upon my wife to reboot and pick the correct profile whenever she wants to play some childrens music. If I could exclude a directory from last.fm submission, that would be a permanent solution, rather than needing an extra step of picking a profile with every boot.

If my wife or daughter cared about having their own last.fm account, then a profile would be worth it, but since they don't, she would rather not fuss with it.
Seeing as that is your only option I don't see you having too many choices to be honest. I extremely doubt that the ability to filter last.fm on path will ever be added, but you ofcourse are welcome to add it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
last.fm - ability to block songs in certain folders0