WMC support on Win7
Currently using Kodi on the main TV to view ATSC programming. The recording is done on a Win7 system and connected to KODI with the ServerWMC addon. All is working great, today. However, Microsoft is using pop-ups to get me to upgrade for free to Win10. I know Media Center is not supported in Win10.

So my problem is Win7 will loose support soon and I bet that means the EPG support will cease when that happens. So I'm looking for Win10 solutions so I can take advantage of the free Win10 upgrade.

My backup plan right now is to use a Mythbuntu PC to do the recording and Kodi to frontend it on the viewing computer. I'd like to consolidate, but I have a mixture of tuner cards. All work in Windows, but only the Hauppauge 2250 works in Linux, so I can get more channels on Windows now, but moving forward, who knows.
Not sure if there is a question there, but here is my two cents. Support for wmc lasts until 2020 for win7 and 2023 for win8, so I guess it depends on what you consider 'soon'. Its not clear that epg support will end when wmc is no longer supported, both the xbox one and wmc now use rovi as the epg source so since the xbox one will continue, its hopeful wmc will too (if not, there are other epg sources that work with wmc).

Also you can unofficially get wmc for win 10 and it works with swmc (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...ternatives).

Not saying the linux idea isn't a good one though, they are great pvr solutions for it (I hear).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-12-05, 21:41)krustyreturns Wrote: Not sure if there is a question there, but here is my two cents. Support for wmc lasts until 2020 for win7 and 2023 for win8, so I guess it depends on what you consider 'soon'. Its not clear that epg support will end when wmc is no longer supported, both the xbox one and wmc now use rovi as the epg source so since the xbox one will continue, its hopeful wmc will too (if not, there are other epg sources that work with wmc).

Was not aware of the Win 7 WMC support until 2020. That gives me time to solve it.

As to your comment about Linux PVR support, it is good, but I'd like to have only one computer in my TV closet. I have to have Windows for games and stuff. MythTV works great. I'm running parallel for now in an A-B comparison. So now I have more time to test different solutions. What else am I going to do this cold winter. Golf is done til spring.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC support on Win70