OS X Share external hard drive with Kodi
Hi,

Can anyone help me how to share one of my external hard drive connected to my iMac with a Android Box running Kodi?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)
On the Mac:
System Preferences -> Sharing -> Enable the checkbox and drag and drop the external disk to the list of shared folders.
Click on options and check if SMB sharing is enabled, it should be.
On the Android Box:
Add a remote source (wiki link)
you can find your mac's IP address in system Preferences - Network in the section ethernet or Airport, depending on how you connect to your LAN.
hope you are successful
Hi,
Thank you for your message.
I follow your instructions by I'm getting the error "Connection time error" and then show the message "couldn't retrieve directory information".
I used the address: smb://192.168.1.65/Iomega2T
you will have to also add your login credentials (mac username and password) when adding the SMB source, so that your Android device is authorized to access the mac share. Also check if that user is checked in the options section on file sharing in System preferences.
if you have already tried that, check if you can access the share from a file browser from the Android or other device.
I set also name and password with no success, I tried also on the box to access the lan files but I can't too :-(
Do mind to take a look with teamviewer in a day and hour we may agree?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share external hard drive with Kodi0