Is there an example of "mediatype" info label
For Jarvis, what values can be set for the "mediatype" info label for videos?

Is there a table somewhere that explains how media type was previously set based on "tvshowtitle", "episode" and "season" provided via ListItem:ConfusedetInfo?
This?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/...setContent
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So, does that mean that using the "mediatype" info label on a listitem is like being able to do a setContent() on each listitem in a directory? and explicitly can change the skin view on a per listitem basis?
nope.

mediatype can be either 'videos', 'music' or 'pictures'.
see: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/...em-setInfo
frankly, i don't know the reason why you need to specify it. maybe it ensures proper handling internally in kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Now, I'm a bit confused. Are we all talking about the same thing?
I'm referencing the comments here: Jarvis_API_changes (wiki)
which talks about 'ListItem no longer sets media type based on "tvshowtitle", "episode" and "season" provided via ListItem:ConfusedetInfo. May affect appearance of info dialog. Use the new "mediatype" info label instead. '

@ronie seems to be referencing the type used in the setInfo call, not the new "mediatype" infolabel in Jarvis.

@Martijn's list seems more correct on the basis of the Jarvis comments, but not completely right
hmm.. yeah.. well.. i have no clue what this mediatype infolabel is about.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The reason I'm confused about this is the statement 'ListItem no longer sets media type based on "tvshowtitle", "episode" and "season" provided via ListItem:ConfusedetInfo. May affect appearance of info dialog. Use the new "mediatype" info label instead. '

Does this mean the call looks something like this:
Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem('my name')
liz.setInfo('videos', {'mediatype' : 'tvshows'})

If so, I would think the list for mediatype is limited to 'tvshows', 'episode' and 'season'. My question then is what does this mean relative to xbmcplugin.setContent()? i.e. can I use xbmcplugin.setContent() to set a general view for the directory and then override specific listitems with the "mediatype" infolabel?

Or am I just not seeing this correctly?
Ok, I read this PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7683/files

and the list appears to be:
Code:
mediatype     : string - "video", "movie", "tvshow", "season", "episode" or "musicvideo"
(which is different from values for setContent() )
and a bunch of previous code to determine the mediatype from other Video infolabels has been removed, meaning that it now must be set explicitly by the addon (if not appears to default to MediaTypeNone ).
I'm still not clear how this interacts with setContent().
it's not 100% clear to me either.

i think it defines the VideoPlayer.Content value, skins use that infolabel to show/hide stuff during playback.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....cpp#L3246

also it sets the ListItem.DBTYPE infolabel for skins, but i don't think many skins are using it.

just guessing, maybe mediatype is only useful for addons that provide mixed content?
they won't use setContent() which applies to the entire listing, but set it individually on each listitem?
(2015-12-06, 01:33)ronie Wrote: just guessing, maybe mediatype is only useful for addons that provide mixed content?
they won't use setContent() which applies to the entire listing, but set it individually on each listitem?

That maybe right. I'm a little concerned though because my past experience is that the whole directory (container) took on the first listitem's mediatype, unless it was set explicitly with setContent(), so I'd expect some other changes to pull off the individual listitem changing the mediatype.

My tubitv addon is a good example where this mixed ability would be really useful, as well as many of the searches returned in my other addons where you get a mixed list.

I tried pointing this mixed issue out in a long exchange about content, art, views etc in the dev forum a while back where I ended up getting a bit reamed out about things, still smarts a bit when I sit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an example of "mediatype" info label0