Apple iTunes 7 support (DAAP client with iTunes 7 compatibility)
l11l1VeNoM1l11l Wrote:The FAQ site isn't exactly up to date on it.
It is a wiki so feel free to request ninja status for the online manual and update the FAQ yourself if needed Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Alrighty, I'll be a little more specific this time.

iTunes 6.0.4.2 is on my computer. XBMC SVN 1-13-08 is on my X-Box.

I used to have XBMC 2.0.0. It connected to my iTunes shared playlists just fine. Then it didn't when I updated to the new XBMC SVN. It didn't generate a sources.xml file at first, so I didn't think there was one there. After I restarted my box and FTPed again, I saw that it did. I simply took the old sources.xml file I had and replaced the new one in the User Data folder. Booted into the new XBMC and it worked perfectly fine. Even Youtube 2 works YAY!

Problem's fixed, but now there's a NEW one.

It used my old sources.xml file perfectly 3 or 4 times. But now for some reason whenever I start up XBMC, it freezes after 2 or 3 seconds. X-Box scene news will start scrolling, then it just locks up the entire X-Box.

Cleared the cache, didn't solve anything. Reverted once again back to my original 2.0.0, which causes no problems still to this day. Just doesn't support YouTube anymore.

I know that if I put the new version back on there it will probably work now, but I don't really want to have to do that if it's just going to keep causing problems. From what I can see, there are a lot of bugs to be fixed. How old is the last STABLE version of XBMC? 2006?
A debug log may give you a hint as to why it's freezing.

Really, it could be practically anything.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hey
I know, the DAAP doesn't work with itunes 7 and higher. but it would be very nice, if somebody creat a new script or something like that.
maybe you also can tell me, what changed from the version 6 to 7.

excuse me for my terrible english....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XBMC - Best MediaService Ever
nothing changed. apple just shows once again what an evil corporation they are and how much they are fear open standards.

they raped the daap support in ways nobody has been able to reverse engineer thus far afaik. so no, we can't tell you what changed.

dont use apple software
Yah.. And even if someone takes the time and energy to reverse engineer the software, Apple will either sue or force everyone to upgrade to "iTunes 8! Now with better DAAP support!" Meaning that they will cripple it again.

I actually imported them into windows media player. (Yah, I know, not much better), shared my mp3 folder, and added it as a source in the sources.xml file. It was a LONG time ago, so I don't remember all the steps.

Anyone got a better solution?
mt-daapd / Firefly works like a charm (It's a crossplatform daap server, not OSX)
Also just samba share the music or MediaTomb crossplattform upnp server (not win32) but it doesn't have the best interface IMO but it works.
Is XMBC set up to use DAAP as a server - i.e. access XBMC music from itunes, instead of the other way around? Any docs I have seen only show XBMC as a DAAP client, not server. I assume it is only a client, but I thought I would ask to be sure. If the answer is no, is there any plan to implement DAAP as a server?

On a side-note, I have been researching the new iphone remote app, and noticed that it uses the DAAP protocol as well. It would be awesome if you could use the remote.app on the iphone to control XBMC, like it can with the appleTV. I wonder what that would take. Of course libDAAP would need to support it, and XBMC would need to be able to act as a server... etc.

Just thinking aloud Smile
No, and no plans to do so at this point. We do, however, support upnp.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Opportunity for a bounty perhapsHuh I know you guys have discussed it and I've seen it work in the Tivo world. for stuff like this would it be a good opportunity? My only concern would be if there ended up being "competition" for the bounties and thus cut down sharing of code - this was something that the aTV hackers complained about when bounties were used there.

Anyway, just a thought and it would certainly help highlight those things people found most critical!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes 7 support (DAAP client with iTunes 7 compatibility)0