• 2(current)
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC
emp3r0r
could you post a debug log of when you try? I might aswell debug it abit.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

emp3r0r Wrote:The normal (non-upgraded) xbox is not fast enough to play HD so all you'd be able to see is mainly sub-channels and PBS or any other standard def digital channels you may get. I've already tried the UDP streaming address on a standard def channel with the XBMC but it didn't work. Sad

did you try this using HDHomeRun?

what was your settings?
what bitrate was the feed?
...etc
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thumbs Up 
I don't know if I will get an HDHomeRun... I have Verizon FioS as my TV service... not even sure how many channels would come through on the HDHomeRun... but I love the XBMC so I just donated $55 to the cause and added a reference to the HDHomeRun for Elupus... I figured that when you put a piece of hardware in front of someone with talent, they may even discover cool things that aren't related to that piece of hardware that could be used to enhance streaming in general... Cool

Good luck!!

dailydisco
i've actually started on rudimentary support for the hdhomebox in xbmc. browsing for it and starting streaming from a tuner. I haven't ordered a hdhomebox yet, but will most likely soon.

and as dailydisco said, it will have other benefits aswell, as i'll probably be forced to fixup the transport stream demuxer to handle dvb transport streams, wich it currently can't very well. if you guys want me to get a head start on that, rip a short ( a few mins ) tv stream using the provied config tool. if it contains transitions from program to comercial, i'd be very happy Smile.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Anybody know how quickly the deliver? I ordered last week, and according to their site the make international shipments on saturdays. thus 3 days ago. wonder when I can expect it to arrive.

In the meantime.. could somebody post .ts dump from one of those boxes for me to have a look at? some non hdtv channel preferably.

elupus Wrote:i'll probably be forced to fixup the transport stream demuxer to handle dvb transport streams, wich it currently can't very well. if you guys want me to get a head start on that, rip a short ( a few mins ) tv stream using the provied config tool. if it contains transitions from program to comercial, i'd be very happy Smile.

I guess this will benefit the tuxbox code also? I can only provide you with some samples from dvb-s, different resolutions with commercials. Let me know if you need anything.
Interlace handling set to "auto" does not work properly for interlaced ts on a progressive screen. I think the best result is gained by using bob but it's trivial having to select bob and auto/none in other cases.
Tnx
elupus Wrote:In the meantime.. could somebody post .ts dump from one of those boxes for me to have a look at? some non hdtv channel preferably.

I'll send you a private message on how to download some samples that I've created. One SD, and one HD of a transition for commercial to programming, both from QAM. I want to go on record that I would LOVE this feature!! Big Grin
I'm in for $20 for sure
Heh, guess this thread has been going on for longer than the first page :-)
sigh... i've just spent $190 on a device i can't use. apperently there is a difference between american qam64 and the european dvb qam64.. Sad. sadly it's not a firmware upgrade as the modulation chip needs to be replaced.

they are apperently planning a dvb-t/c version later this year. i have some very basic support for the hdhomerun built already (just allows browsing to the device and starting streaming from it). can probably add that to svn if there is any interest.

i'm not sure what to do with the donations yet (haven't got ahold of our economics guy anyway).

anybody interested in the device let me know, as I have no use for it. with some luck i might get the silicondust people to sponsor me a dvb version when one shows up.

where are you from?
sweden

@elupus

have u tried vdr as dvb-stream source yet?
I'd deffinately be interested in trying it out. How much do you want for it?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC1