Solved - Playercontrols.xml not working on home screen
Bug 
Hi Guy's,

Whilst getting my skin ready for a pull request into the Jarvis repo I came across a problem with my playercontrols.xml file.

If I leave the video running and head back to the home screen, when I bring up the player controls nothing seems to be updating (other than button focus for the player buttons). The small video window, the progressbar and player time labels are all frozen although the video is still playing fine in the background (I can hear it playing). If I navigate to the video nav screen the playercontrol dialog is working exactly as it should, but as soon as I am displaying the home screen no updating.

Now as a small side note, the problem only shows itself on the Icon and Horizontal home menus, on my vertical home menu there is no problem. The vertical home menu does not have any shelf, so I thought that was the problem (so I disabled it to check), but nothing I try seems to pin point where the problem is occurring.

I am running Beta 3 of Jarvis on a i5 windows7 box and here is the log file to show what is going on. Line 1640 is where I am running the player control on the home screen and line 1750 is where I am running it in the Video nav screen. About the only difference I can see between the two is the occurrence of these two lines in the Home screen part of the log
PHP Code:
11:21:21 T:836   DEBUGCDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement hurry1
:21:22 T:836 WARNINGCRenderManager::WaitForBuffer timeout waiting for buffer 

I have compared my skin against a number of others (none of which have the problem) and I can't spot any major differences. I have been ripping my hair out for the last couple of weeks trying to track this down, but I'm fresh out of ideas. My skin is available on Github here for people to take a look.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
this is likely happening when you don't have a videowindow control on your homescreen.
don't know the technical details about this, but it has something to do with kodi not being
able to render the video without it and the video will start to lag.

best practice would be to make sure you have a videowindow control in every window in your skin.
iirc it doesn't have to be visible, but just make sure it's there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-12-08, 13:07)ronie Wrote: this is likely happening when you don't have a videowindow control on your homescreen.
don't know the technical details about this, but it has something to do with kodi not being
able to render the video without it and the video will start to lag.

best practice would be to make sure you have a videowindow control in every window in your skin.
iirc it doesn't have to be visible, but just make sure it's there.
Ronie,

That would have to be the third craziest thing I have seen this week (but it is still early in the week). Probably why it worked then I guess.

Yet again my hair and I thank you. Expect my usual cheek in a couple of days when I make my pull request.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solved - Playercontrols.xml not working on home screen0