XBMC on Lenovo Beacon
Hello there,

I am sorry if I am writing in the wrong forum, I hope someone can guide me in which section it would be more appropriate to post, if not here.

I have bought myself a Lenovo Beacon (a NAS/Home cloud device) that has XBMC as a front-end application. The problem is that I cannot find which version it is (the skin is Confluence), as a lot of menus and options seem to be cut away from this version. In the main menu I don't have a "Programs" section, in the "System" I can nowhere find a version. And it seems quite important question when I want to install add-ons.

So my question would be if someone (maybe the developers) can tell me which XBMC version is included in the Beacon?
And also, is there any way to upgrade it to some of the latest Kodi releases? I know this should probably go via the Lenovo firmware update or something like that, but Lenovo support seems to be quite disoriented when it comes to that product. Also, they have discontinued selling the Beacon, so my guess is that regular updates of the firmware won't be their first priority. Therefore I am looking for some ways if I can eventually update manually myself.

Thanks in advance!
(2015-12-08, 23:16)Bai Blagoi Wrote: Hello there,

I am sorry if I am writing in the wrong forum, I hope someone can guide me in which section it would be more appropriate to post, if not here.

I have bought myself a Lenovo Beacon (a NAS/Home cloud device) that has XBMC as a front-end application. The problem is that I cannot find which version it is (the skin is Confluence), as a lot of menus and options seem to be cut away from this version. In the main menu I don't have a "Programs" section, in the "System" I can nowhere find a version. And it seems quite important question when I want to install add-ons.

So my question would be if someone (maybe the developers) can tell me which XBMC version is included in the Beacon?
And also, is there any way to upgrade it to some of the latest Kodi releases? I know this should probably go via the Lenovo firmware update or something like that, but Lenovo support seems to be quite disoriented when it comes to that product. Also, they have discontinued selling the Beacon, so my guess is that regular updates of the firmware won't be their first priority. Therefore I am looking for some ways if I can eventually update manually myself.

Thanks in advance!
PVR subforum is deffinitly the wrong forum as your question has absolutly nothing to do with PVR.

You could try asking in the Linux support subforum instead if your NAS runs Linux and you can first figure out on your own how to get shell access and root credentials, but most likley you still need to go to Lenovo.com for support or other external Linux forum for actually finding out which exact OS it runs and how to get shell access and root credentials.
RockerC,
thank you for the fast reply.
I know I should try via Lenovo (and I am in fact in the meantime struggling with their support team), but I thought that someone from the Kodi team might know the answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Lenovo Beacon0