Replace Main Menu w/ UPnP Library?
Warning: Kodi n00b with dumb questions.

I have all my BluRay ISOs on a NAS running an instance of Kodi and UPnP to share the main home library.

Now I want to have the Kodi client(s) display the shared UPnP library as though it was a local library. In other words, I want fanart to appear in the background directly off the 'movies' menu and go directly to the list, rather than having to 'drill down' the menu structure to load the remote library. So far I've tried three different skins (Aeon MQ6, Aeon Nox, Amber) and have not been able to figure out how to achieve what I'm after.

Hope someone can help!
I did the same thing with my raspberry pi's Kodi by copying the Confluence skin then changing 3 files. Unfortunately I don't have access to those right now, will pastebin them for you tonight.

However, rather use a skin that allows you to override the main menu (I think Aeon Nox can do what you want).

What you need to do is create a favourite for each of the locations you want to use, eg go to your Upnp machine and to Movies->Titles and create a favourite for that.

Now edit that favourite and it will give you the address, something like:

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"upnp://hkj34n23-2j34-234k-1234-123k4123k45j/library%3a%2f%2fvideo%2fmovies%2ftitles.xml%2f/",return)

That is the link that you want to enter in Nox for your Movies button. It should then take you directly to the Movies list shared via uPnp instead of your "local" movies list.

I hope this helps you to get started Smile
(2015-12-10, 11:17)ganralf Wrote: However, rather use a skin that allows you to override the main menu (I think Aeon Nox can do what you want).
Yes, I think I'm going with AeonMQ6 - it seems the most customizable of all that I've seen. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replace Main Menu w/ UPnP Library?0