Win Video Automatically Streams Seconds after Startup
I have an issue with Kodi 15.2 on Win 10 where one particular video stream will start to automatically play approximately 15 seconds after starting kodi. It's a stream from one of the add-ons I have installed. Just wondering if anybody here has any experience with an issue similar to this and a possible solution. Thanks.
Can we presume you're being so vague and non specific due to the add-on being a banned add-on (wiki)?

There is no support for them even if you don't name them.

If not, be more specific and post a debug log (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's actually an add-on from the official repository called TV Viet Nam. Even after disabling and uninstalling it, one specific channel stream from the add-on always plays automatically after every start. Very strange.
So you have already narrowed it down to the addon.
Probably an adfon setting that may or may not be adjustable..
That does make a pleasant change Smile

Anyway if @Atreyu's suggestion doesn't resolve it, it may be worth talking to the add-on author about it. If it's playing even after the add-on has been removed, then maybe there's something being left in whatever dependency add-on is used to actually do the streaming, and that's getting confused. After uninstalling the add-on itself, if you go to system > add-ons > system (under Confluence anyway, may be a bit different if you're on a different skin) then you can see any orphaned dependencies there. If any exist, try also removing those and see if it helps.

But I'd talk to the add-on author anyway, as it sounds like the add-on isn't cleaning up after itself properly, plus they may be able to give you guidance about what they are actually using to do the streaming itself.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have the same issue but haven't narrow down which addon yet. Everytime I open my kodi on Window, 5 seconds later it play the VTV6 Vietnamese channel, under it show the current "playlist.m3u8" are playing. I can't find the playlist in kodi anywhere to remove it. I disable the "TV Viet Nam" addon, but still show up, uninstall it, still doesn't work. Don't know if it is the right addon or not. Sad.If you guy can help me locate the playlist "playlist.m3u8", then I can try to remove the playlist. I checked the Playlist under Video and these is nothing.
Yes,well i would definately take this up with the creator of the addon because it does not seem to be handling things right.
Thanks, is there a way that you can can find out which specific addon the playlist are playing from?
Just an update to this. Checked the log and it wasn't the TV Vietnam add-on it was FTP Play...

01:58:52 T:10456 NOTICE: Thread GUIDialogCache start, auto delete: true
01:58:52 T:11736 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://hlscache.fptplay.net.vn/livek/vtv...bdd4d8e7b2
01:58:52 T:11736 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:58:52 T:13248 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
01:58:52 T:13248 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
01:58:52 T:10168 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
01:58:52 T:13248 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer

Disabled FTP Play and the stream no longer auto plays. Anyway to keep the add-on but disable the stream from auto playing?
Again, talk to the add-on author.

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok will do. Hope it helped the other fella that thought it was the TV Vietnam addon. Cheers
Thanks for your help about that addon FTP Play addon. I didn't disable it, went to configure and saw the auto start as "HTV6-HD". I just delete it, restart Kodi and it good now. You don't have to disable the addon Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Automatically Streams Seconds after Startup0