Keyboard mapping for android
Android TV's usually have remote controls with plenty of buttons.
Unfortunately, android Kodi does not support several buttons out-of-the-box, because it seems to use the default keyboard mapping.

Info button (AKEYCODE_INFO = 165):
Quote:V/Kodi ( 5176): CAndroidKey: key down (code: 165; repeat: 0; flags: 0x8; alt: no; shift: no; sym: no)
V/Kodi ( 5176): Debug Print: Keyboard: scancode: 0xa5, sym: 0x0146, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
V/Kodi ( 5176): Debug Print: bool CInputManager::OnKey(const CKey&): info (0xf0e2) pressed, action is

This button is recognized in AndroidKey.cpp but is not mapped to the Info action system/keymaps/keyboard.xml ...
The info action is only activated by pressing "i".

Subtitle button (AKEYCODE_CAPTIONS = 175)
Quote:[ 4501.128709]V/Kodi ( 5176): CAndroidKey: key ignored (code: 175)

This button is not recognized at the moment, so you can't even map it with the GUI Key Remapper.

There's plenty of other android buttons available, but it would already be nice if these 2 buttons were supported out-of-the-box.
What is the current dev view on the Android TV keymap?
The whole android team (me) think PR are welcome to add every button you like, as well as any sensible mappings.
My time is quite limited, so adding stuff I cannot test is low, low priority.

Out of curiosity, which remote has so many buttons?
The tendency is rather to minimalism...
I've got a Philips and a Sony remote that have plenty of buttons.

Btw, I'm having issues to build your repo ... I can "make" Kodi, but it fails to "make apk" due to a missing makefile in packaging.
Mainline Kodi is building fine.
I'd like to test audio passthrough, so feel free to PM a link with an apk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard mapping for android0