I want to help translate/maintain Spanish language...
As i said some weeks ago, i just finished my exams and i want to take the Spanish support for XBMC. It's said, i want to add a region to spanish language and translate all XBMC strings, so my question is: what .xml i should take and where i can upload it (please, no SVN... i have nightmares with CVS yet... :p )? I have translated XinBox and XBMC-TV projects, but both told me "take this file, translate it and send me it by e-mail"...

P.D.: Yes, i've read the wiki, but it talks only about XBMC languages, no regions... Oh, and i would like to finish the translation of xTV :p
Grab the translator tool from SVN (it may be included in T3CH's releases - not sure) and run that.

Or, just load up English/strings.xml from any build, and translate that.

Then upload it to SF.net as a patch. The translator app allows you to compare any old spanish language file and adjust accordingly, so it may be easier to deal with.

Cheers
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the info. I think i'll do it by hand (i use Mac), but maybe i could see how usefull is the translator tool on university computers.

By the way... err... and the regions? With english you can choose USA, UK, Canada and two more that i don't remember, but with Spanish there no one and there's no info on the wiki (or i didn't see it)
here are some good informations:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ge_Support
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...Translator

It is much easier to translate with the XBMC Translator, because you have a window where on the right side are the english strings and on the left side will be your spanish. So you can translate directly.. And it will just be saved as the spanish strings.xml which you can then upload or just send it to me via pm or email (or to anyone from the team).
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Uploaded Big Grin Yesterday i did a mistake and uploaded the wrong one, now there is the correct file uploaded.
we need both files, mind <sorttokens> in langinfo.xml

also, please log in when submitting patches. gives us atleast a small amount of control over what gets in.

cheers

spiff
spiff Wrote:we need both files, mind <sorttokens> in langinfo.xml

also, please log in when submitting patches. gives us atleast a small amount of control over what gets in.

cheers

spiff

Ok, i'll search what the f*cking is my SourceForge password and i'll log in the next time (next week, maybe?). In any case, they are uploaded the both files, spanish.xml and strings.xml. Spanish.xml is uploaded yesterday.

P.D.: thanks to all you ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want to help translate/maintain Spanish language...2