Mediaportal pulling 10 - 14 days of EPG fine. Kodi only 2-3 days
I am having trouble pulling EPG guide info from mediaportal to kodi. I am using the latest media portal 1.12, tvserverkodi 1.12.01.129, and Kodi 15.2. I have set up xmltv plugin successfully and am pulling my channel lineup into the tv server configuration of mediaportal. I get a whole 10 - 14 days of channel line up in mediaportal.exe itself. But on kodi my media portal PVR client, I only seems to be pulling 2.5 days. I have kodi set to pull 13 days in the TV settings, but it will still only pull 2 to 3 days.

It is just wierd that all my channels will pull the full 10 days in mediaportal but only 2 -3 days in kodi. Any suggestions on what is happening? Thanks in advance.

I am using windows 8.1
NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!! I had Kodi set to save to cache! Once I disabled that I am pulling all days thru to KODI.
(2015-12-11, 05:40)flusterbunny Wrote: NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!! I had Kodi set to save to cache! Once I disabled that I am pulling all days thru to KODI.

Please could you explain this setting? I have the same problem on one of my machines.
For sure. Go to settings in kodi and then to "TV" (make sure you have the settings set to "advanced"). Under the sub-setting "EPG" make sure you disable store EPG (guide) data in cache. If this is not disabled, I think Kodi will continue to pull old data it has stored.

I am at work right now so these directions might not be perfect, but you get the general idea. I will check them for accuracy when I get home and update if needed. This worked for me though.
Note that there is also an "Days to display" setting in Kodi under TV Settings/Guide that influences the amount of data shown.
Kodi requests EPG data from the addon for a specified period, so even if the backend has more data available, the pvr addon will only return what Kodi requests.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2015-12-15, 20:27)margro Wrote: Note that there is also an "Days to display" setting in Kodi under TV Settings/Guide that influences the amount of data shown.
Kodi requests EPG data from the addon for a specified period, so even if the backend has more data available, the pvr addon will only return what Kodi requests.

Yeah, even with this set to 7 days on one of my PCs, I still only get 3 days EPG showing and searchable.

I haven't have time to look into it properly yet, which is why I asked about the other setting. If it is a problem, I will try to work out what is going on and report it.

Best wishes,

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediaportal pulling 10 - 14 days of EPG fine. Kodi only 2-3 days0