Need help with picture menu & settings. Shednox/ Madnox
I have a few issues that maybe someone could assist with...

1) In the Pictures menu, is there a way to tag or sticker some sort of icon to videos? For instance, if I do Info_Wall or Poster view... I see all picture icons with the .JPG name listed at the bottom. However, videos also look like pics and there is no way to determine. The bottom does show .MP4, but still...no clue how to tell.

2) When IN my pictures folder by default, upon trying to exist, the system pushes me back folder by folder until I get home. Is there a way to point my back press to just go home? Every other category I use Movies, TV, Settings all go Home upon going back, but not Pictures.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Give us some screen shots McButton so we can see what you mean, thanks.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-12-12, 20:13)McButton Wrote: 2) When IN my pictures folder by default, upon trying to exist, the system pushes me back folder by folder until I get home. Is there a way to point my back press to just go home? Every other category I use Movies, TV, Settings all go Home upon going back, but not Pictures.

Did you try the escape button?
I apologise that I'm not familiar with Madnox's menu customiser, but if you can edit the action, add ",return" to the action - so the action is "ActivateWindow([Window],[Path],return) - that will make Kodi return to the home page when going back, rather than going 'up' a page.
That might be what I need. I knew it was something simple. I'll try and report back.
I had some issue with this in the skin. I'd rather not mess with actual xml files in the skin. I used to have to, but they've done a pretty awesome job already. I know I'd break it with all the new stuff added. Instead, I searched out better addons for pics. MyPicsDB works nice, but it's missing 1 thing for me. Seems easier to deal with the addon settings than to mess with the skin. It doesn't seem like many people use Kodi for just pictures, but...I may just leave this alone for a bit.

All other pic addons I've tried seemed broken. I just need like Wall view, a way to know the dif between pics and vids in that view, and now..possibly some cool sort/tag option. MyPicsDB is close enough for now. Thanks for the help everyone!
McButton,

Do a mock up for me and I'll see if I can create a new Wall view for pics that is either what you want or very close to it with the added Madnox twist, need for info on the sort / tag option, mainly the tag option. Sorting should be ok by Kodi itself but we'll see once we get it going (hopefully ;-))

Think I have an idea of what you mean so will add it to my list and work on it while off over the holidays.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Will do. I don't even know if it needs so much a new view. Just needs like an addon or something to star pic icons that are actually video for quick view. The sorting in MyPicsDB is good I've got that as my default at the moment, but manually adding wall view to each page is a bit of a task.
Default Kodi or MyPicsDB are close. Just...tiny tweeks.

Other than that, my whole system works perfect. I have 0 wants. It's crazy that you guys took Nox and blasted it past even the stuff I needed but now use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with picture menu & settings. Shednox/ Madnox0