Alpha PVR reminder
(2015-12-16, 09:30)Atreyu Wrote: - context menu item is present in every screen; i would say it only needs to be there if the context matches, i.e. only in guide screens. Very minor, i'd say

On Jarvis, it should only show it on EPG? I'm aware it shows on every screen in older versions, i may look of away but it may mean me having to maintain 2 different versions and at the is stage something I'm not keen on doing

(2015-12-16, 09:30)Atreyu Wrote: reminder popup.Eventually, one would like to have the particular program/channel displayed. As it is now it only tells you that 'something's up'. I still had to see what it was that i found interesting earlier ;-).

agree, next release it will, i was going to add this to my initial release, but i felt it was best just ti get the addon at there and worry about features later!

(2015-12-16, 09:30)Atreyu Wrote: The best way would be to have it autoswitch to the pre-selected program unless the user cancels it (say, within 30 secs), or something along the line that has been suggested before, where the user is presented with a 'switch or record'. Option. That would mimic behaviour of commercial PVR solutions.Dunno about it's complexity, though...

This very much depends on what build in functions are open for me to utilise, I agree, and want the same thing, if i can i will!

thanks for the feedback, it's good to know it's stable...
(2015-12-16, 17:33)Solo0815 Wrote: @AshG:
you can have a look here for a countdown-timer: https://github.com/enen92/service.sleept...service.py
It is line 229 - 256

I hear you... will do ;-)
Quote:On Jarvis, it should only show it on EPG?
Ok, will check again. I may be wrong about the screens i saw this in. I need more sleep ;-)

Quote:agree, next release it will, i was going to add this to my initial release, but i felt it was best just ti get the addon at there and worry about features later!
Sure, just throwing ideas around in enthousiasm!
Stability first, right? Big Grin

Quote:This very much depends on what build in functions are open for me to utilise, I agree, and want the same thing, if i can i will!

thanks for the feedback, it's good to know it's stable...
This behaviour is what i have been looking for for some time. If it's possible, that would be great. If not, still pretty close haha.
I have experienced no instabilities due to this addon.
Jarvis still has some weirdness, but that's with and without extra's. ;-)

Looking forward to where you can go with this :-)
Using kodi 15.2 and I get this error:

Code:
17:54:56 T:139759475197696  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:54:56 T:139759475197696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                            Error Contents: no element found: line 5, column 19
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/contextmenu.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                import reminders
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/reminders.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import setalarms
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/setalarms.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                trees = ET.parse(data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
                                                tree.parse(source, parser)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 657, in parse
                                                self._root = parser.close()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1654, in close
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
                                                raise err
                                            ParseError: no element found: line 5, column 19
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I really wold like to get this working, really miss this future in kodi..

In kodi startup it gives me this error
Code:
20:18:13 T:139938448254720  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:18:14 T:139938087565056   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/setalarms.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                trees = ET.parse(data)
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                                raise err
                                            -->End of Python script error report<-
(2015-12-25, 17:56)masinad Wrote: Using kodi 15.2 and I get this error:

Code:
17:54:56 T:139759475197696  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:54:56 T:139759475197696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/contextmenu.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                import reminders
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/reminders.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import setalarms
                                                trees = ET.parse(data)
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                                raise err

I really wold like to get this working, really miss this future in kodi..

In kodi startup it gives me this error
Code:
20:18:13 T:139938448254720  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:18:14 T:139938087565056   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                trees = ET.parse(data)
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                                raise err
                                            -->End of Python script error report<-

If you paste the full log in past bin and I'll have a look, what you have provided doesn't really tell me much, can you make sure debug logging is turned on when you reproduce the error please....
Version 1.3 now available, I've only has a short period of time to look at developing this further - due to eating too much food and drinking way too much alcohol over the christmas period....

Changes include:
* Fixed bug: if Kodi time format was set to 12 hr clock.
* Added programme name and Channel name to reminder.
This doesn't seem to work when Kodi is set to 12hr time format (using latest release).

Whenever I set a reminder it fails with a script error - the debug log shows its trying to parse '00 PM' when doing now.replace

-Edit, ok fixed it.. the check in contextmenu.py is case sensitive, so I've edited it to this:

Code:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import xbmc
import reminders

def cleantime(videostarttime):
    # strip ot PM and add 12hrs
    strtime = videostarttime.lower()
    if videostarttime.find("pm") <>-1 or videostarttime.find("PM") <>-1:
        xbmc.log("PVRReminder: Removing PM and formatting to 24hr : ", xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
        strtime = strtime.replace("pm", "")
        hr, mins = strtime.split(":")
        hrs = int(hr)+12
        strtime = str(hrs)+":"+str(mins)

elif videostarttime.find("am")<>-1 or videostarttime.find("AM")<>-1:
        xbmc.log("PVRReminder: Removing AM and formatting to 24hr : ", xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
        strtime = strtime.replace("am", "")

return strtime

videostarttime = cleantime(xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.StartTime"))
videoname = xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.Title")
videodate = xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.StartDate")
channelname= xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.ChannelName")
setreminderdata = reminders.Reminderstuff()
setreminderdata.setreminder(videoname, videostarttime, videodate, channelname)

Will you be putting this up on Github? - Would like to contribute to this as there are a few things I have in mind Smile
(2016-01-04, 22:34)Swifty Wrote: Will you be putting this up on Github? - Would like to contribute to this as there are a few things I have in mind Smile

Feel free to contributeBig Grin, https://github.com/ASHJG/PVRreminder
while playing around, I found out, that you can't deactivate the script.
Maybe use:
Code:
while not xbmc.Monitor.abortRequested:
            xbmc.sleep(1000)
then you can deactivate and activate again, if you change script-code while Kodi is running.
see also: http://kodi.wiki/view/Service_addons

BTW: where is the remind-data stored? Is there a XML somewhere?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I've just tried to install this on Kodi 14.2 but I get an error message saying 'Dependencies not met'. Is this not compatible with 14.2 or do I need to install something else as well?

Thanks
Hi Sconly, I'm afraid 15.xx and upwards. I developed it on 16B, the difference I think is the "remind me" option in the context menu will only show in Live TV where as in 15, it will show everywhere... So it is optimised for 16.x I've running all series of the beta 16s on my prod box for some time and I would say it's pretty stable right now...

I do have a "to do" list and I'll see what I can do. My time is limited its not that I don't want to develop this it's rather that I can't at the moment! 2 young children, a wife, a dog, a hamster and gold fish are all keeping me rather occupied at the moment!
(2016-01-05, 16:01)Solo0815 Wrote: BTW: where is the remind-data stored? Is there a XML somewhere?

Yeah in a xml file, in the library folder I think ?
Take your time!
I found out a way to get "unix-time" values for StartTime. With this you can easily compare it with the actual time, and it doesn't matter how far StartTime is in the future. No more fiddling around with weekdays and dates Wink
Will post the solution, when I have time.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I installed this on Jarvis RC1 on an Nvidia Shield TV (Android). When trying to add a reminder it fails and writes this to the log:

12:13:39 T:18446744071773730048 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: write() got an unexpected keyword argument 'xml_declaration'
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/contextmenu.py", line 26, in <module>
setreminderdata.setreminder(videoname, videostarttime, videodate, channelname)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.service.pvrreminder/reminders.py", line 89, in setreminder
tree.write(xmlfile, xml_declaration=True, encoding='utf-8', method="xml")
TypeError: write() got an unexpected keyword argument 'xml_declaration'
Awesome! Thanks for your work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR reminder0