[feature requests] m/c name and slider
I've used Kore on an Android tablet to connect to Kodi on a W7 m/c for some months now, and it's a really nice piece of software. Robust, responsive, good UI, everything an Android app should be.

I'd make two suggestions, though
- Seems you have to put an actual IP address in for the target Kodi m/c, as opposed to a m/c name. Since in my case the target gets its address from DHCP, and it doesn't always come up the same, this is a little irritating. M/c name would be nice.
- When using the slider to position within a long program - say a film, its pretty difficult to get to where you want simply because a 1.5-2 hours period across a 4" slider operated by a finger isn't very precise. What some apps do (usually video editing ones) is to have two sliders, the main one that covers the whole range, and a subsidiary one zoomed in maybe 10x that always returns to centre when you let go. Useful for finer positioning, say to skip advert breaks etc.

Other than that, pretty neat.
You can't use your media center name, which is in no way connected to networking, but you probably can use your computer name instead of the IP.
(2015-12-13, 14:15)syncd Wrote: You can't use your media center name, which is in no way connected to networking, but you probably can use your computer name instead of the IP.

It is the computer name that it will not accept.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[feature requests] m/c name and slider0