Airplay problem (since 15.2 now Beta 4)
Hey guys,

First I should mention that I'm using only Apple Products, therefore it shouldn't be a compatibility problem. (Yes I know I'm a stupid apple fanboy Tongue)
Running Jarvis Beta 4 on MacMini and I do have this problem kinda since Kodi 15.2 (Jarvis is a clean & fresh install)
Edit: OSX is El Capitan, phone is iPhone 6s with latest ios

I'm only streaming music through Apple Music App and am using Airplay to listen to music at home via Kodi.

So if I want to airstream music to Kodi I've to undergo the following procedure every time I restarted my Mac (and therefore Kodi)

1. I've to enable Airplay within Kodi settings so my phone picks up the "signal" and I actually can chose Kodi in the airplay context menu on my phone.
- Now I don't hear any music on my phone anymore although its playing (progress bar is moving) but no music or viz or any indications for that matter is recognized on Kodi
First I thought this is it but (for now) I found a way around it
2. On my phone I choose airplay back to my phone
3. now I DISABLE airplay within Kodi
4. Although its disabled in Kodi I still can choose Kodi within the airplay context menu of my phone and if I hit it, it starts playing music on my Kodi system.
- This really is a weird one and I don't know what to do. While playing music via airplay I can go back into Kodi settings and enable airplay again and it keeps playing.
If I restart Kodi it does not pick up airplay regardless if I kept it enabled or disabled before quitting.

Can anyone maybe reproduce my problem or have a look at it what it might be?
If you need a log let me know...

Cheers
There's a relatively new option in Kodi if you are using iOS 9 that must be disabled to restore music streaming, It's under airplay in services in the settings options: "enable airplay videos and pictures support". Maybe that's it?
(2015-12-14, 06:16)clipper99 Wrote: There's a relatively new option in Kodi if you are using iOS 9 that must be disabled to restore music streaming, It's under airplay in services in the settings options: "enable airplay videos and pictures support". Maybe that's it?

Thats exactly the option I toggle on and off again to finally get it to work like I described previously, maybe I've been a little bit confusing in my description...
But thanks for helping
I am having the same issue - plays silence

You could restart kodi with debug and airplay on and then stream something etc (silence) then upload debug log .. Devs can't really help without one

Did you try restarting kodi and or the mac after disabling ios 8 support (in effect enabling ios 9 and audio only)

I will try this in the morning ..

EDIT: Restart did the trick for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay problem (since 15.2 now Beta 4)0