Alpha HamJab: DIY control & automation for RS232/ethernet devices (+EventGhost)
Lightbulb 
Hey all,

tl;dr: HamJab allows you to connect any device (RS232, ethernet, or a custom "device" like Kodi) to a central server and control them from a Web UI. It also lets you write automation scripts in python which can react to events sent from your devices and send commands to other devices.

I wanted to be able to control and automate my A/V devices and didn't want to spend a small fortune to do it with Crestron/Control4/etc so I made this software to do it for me instead. I'm not sure if this is something that other people will be interested in using but I figured I may as well post it just in case :0)

Check out the README here if you are interested: https://github.com/midgetspy/hamjab

Example use cases with the Kodi add-on integration:
- dim your lights when Kodi plays a movie, raise them when it stops/pauses
- toggle 3D mode on your projector when Kodi plays a 3D movie

Disclaimer: HamJab is (currently) not point-and-click software. You will need to run command-line software, edit source files, and generally be pretty tech savvy in order to make it do something useful. At the very least you'll need to be able to figure out how to make your PC talk to your devices via serial before you can use HamJab to automate them. If that sounds like something you want to try then I'm happy to help answer your questions and add support for your devices. Just post questions here and I'll do my best.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HamJab: DIY control & automation for RS232/ethernet devices (+EventGhost)0