option to "Add all videos"
I have the option under video/library to "add all videos" on my two boxes at home. This allows me to add features or anything i like to the TV shows and movies i have in my library. Setting up a box for my father as a xmas present however and I do not have this option. Same version of Kodi, same version of Amber. The skin that i am using. I am completely confused. Anyone have any suggestions what could have made this option show up? was it something i set up in some way. I have all the boxes set as expert so its nothing quite that simple. Alternatively is there a way to copy a specific xml or part of it to allow this option to be enabled?
Using expert mode, in settings>appearance>file Lists>show 'add sources' buttons is toggled on? Same version is not helpful, while version number and skin version might help, but the infamous debug log (wiki) posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to the thread 'that is in the support forum', of the o/s of choice is the way to get real help.

This is what i mean, on my boxes at home (running version 14.2) i have this option to "add all videos" Ive installed version 13.2 14, 14.1 14.2 and 15 to see if that makes it come up, ive installed any addon i could think of. Same skin (amber) both with same version number. But nothing i do seems to make this option come up on the other box that i am setting up. Any idea what i could be missing, or is there some way to make it happen? copying something from my box maybe? do addons add things to the kodi settings menu's?
Just throwing darts here. Have you actually added any video sources on the box where that option isn't showing up? Maybe it doesn't appear until there are is at least one actual video source in the library.

Bill
You have to specify a source first... re-read message #2
Yeah i done that, set up video librarys from a local source and a remote source in case by some small chance that actually had something to do with it.
"Import All Videos" is a feature of mine which was rejected in main Kodi, so you must run an unofficial build with this patch.
0o I guess thats possible koying. It came all pre installed with the normal nonsense as boxes tend to and i probably just done a "clear data" on the app. If this is so tho, then that build was likely released on thousands of mx3 boxes no? Any way to get these builds? or make it do what it does?
(2015-12-16, 09:19)Koying Wrote: "Import All Videos" is a feature of mine which was rejected in main Kodi, so you must run an unofficial build with this patch.

Is there any way to take this idea and make an add-on (if there isn't one already) that could possibly with the push of a button list movies that won't scrape aka compare source to the library and return the differences?

Thanks

Bill

NM I found what I was looking for: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Missing_Movie_Scanner
This addon does not add them to the library does it? 0o
(2015-12-16, 16:22)teszey Wrote: This addon does not add them to the library does it? 0o

Unfortunately it does not Sad but it is VERY useful for figuring out those annoying times when you scan say 1000 items and only 996 of them populate to the library.....I just used it on my test system a few minutes ago and it worked great.

Bill
See thats another reason that the feature i pictured was so great, it would add basic stuff (screenshot, name etc) so i knew what had not scanned
Voice your support here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8256 Wink
I don't think im smart enough to even post on those boards let alone figure out what to poosibly do with all that code.. Just how hard would it be to make kodi do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
option to "Add all videos"0