Jerky / stuttery video when watching live TV
I'm running Kodi 15.2 on my Windows 10 PC, an OpenElec media box and my Android TV. For live TV, I'm running Mediaportal TV Server on the Windows machine, with the PVR addon installed on each Kodi client. For other media (movies, TV series, etc) I have Emby installed on the Windows machine and the addon installed on each Kodi client.

Everything works great overall, the only exception being that when I watch live TV on the Windows PC, the picture is quite jerky / juddery / stuttery. This doesn't happen at all on the other Kodi clients (and the Android TV I mentioned is the same TV that the Windows PC is plugged into). It also doesn't happen on the Windows PC if I watch other media like a Blu Ray rip. It only happens with live TV. It also doesn't happen on the Windows PC if I watch live TV through the MediaPortal front-end. Only through Kodi.

I notice that when watching live TV, Kodi's FPS hovers around 40, whereas the Android client sits at a solid 25. So it seems the Windows client's refresh rate is too high when watching live TV. I tried enabling "Adjust display refresh rate" in the playback settings but it didn't make any difference, and it's off in the Android client in any case.

So I guess that narrows things down fairly well but I'm still not sure what the cause is. I suppose the main possibilities are video / audio codecs used by Kodi, video/audio settings within Kodi or maybe even an issue with my graphics driver on the Windows machine.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look next? I've uploaded a debug log to http://pastebin.com/q2cET8H6
Disabling hardware acceleration - DXVA2 seems to have solved this. I don't know the ins and outs of the hardware acceleration but I'm using an integrated GPU (Intel HD 4600) so I guess hardware acceleration is at best redundant and at worst causing problems like this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky / stuttery video when watching live TV0