Icon update
Hey guys, I'm really liking this skin, and would love to update the icon pictures to look like apptv-fx but I can't figure out how to do that? I don't know how to get those images or how to change the main icons images...lil help please
No help for a technically challenged newbie?
(2015-12-15, 02:06)Corzy Wrote: No help for a technically challenged newbie?

Corey, patience young cricket. You must remember that there is a fair chance that the help you seek may be on the other side of the planet to you. Usually you should wait at least 24 hours before bumping your post.

Now I'm not entirely sure which icons you mean so you will have to bear with me on this. If you are referring to the home screen icons on the Icon type home screen they are located in the skins extras/homeicons directory within the skins directory tree. I made sure these icons where easy to replace so they are not located in the skins media directory (and so are not compressed within the skins .xbt file). If these are the icons you seek, all you need do is copy the files from the same location in the AppTV-FX skin and copy them across to the same place in the AppTV skin.

If the icons are not in that directory in the FX skin then you will have to do quite a bit more work to bring them into the skin. The basic skin image file is a .xbt file which is kind of like a zip file of images. You will need to get hold of texturepacker and pack the image files from FX into a .xbt file and then place that file in the media directory of AppTV. Once you have done that, you need to get into the Appearance setting menu and select the theme with your file name to replace my image files with those in your .xbt file. If you need help on texturepacker or themes you should check out the wiki entries on how to do this.

Hopefully this is enought to get you started on what you need to do.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks for the quick reply, I realize things take time and really why would anyone really care to help out a stranger anyways? It's great.
I already read thru your other threads on the icons and have tried but can't find the skins/extras home directory. Also I don't know where to get the apptv-fx skin I only have the apptv one...
If it's too involved I'll just live with what's there, it's quite ok, but I just loved the look of the fx one.
I've got another question about the screensaver while in this skin the box that shows the show is paused and how much has been watched stays near the top of the screen and doesn't disappear, I'd like to remove this but can't figure out how....
Again thanks for your patience, I'm not being pushy, whenever you have time would be much appreciated.
Just realized your in Australia! I've yet to meet an Aussie over here in Canada that wasn't a beauty. G'day mate
Not bumping my post, thought I would mention that I read in another of your threads how to get to the icons, but I cant figure out how to get there...you wrote
addons/skin.apptv/extras/homeicons but I cant seem to find this...
lil help?
Ok guys, I downloaded the files from the apptv-fx thread on a usb drive, plugged it into my android box and was able to use a few icons from that file to change you tube, as well as the custom home screen icons, but I would love to have my home screen look just like the apptv-fx screen, all the icons arnt stretched and I can't figure out how to change the main icons like settings and favourites.
Any help would be very appreciated
(2015-12-18, 02:04)Corzy Wrote: Ok guys, I downloaded the files from the apptv-fx thread on a usb drive, plugged it into my android box and was able to use a few icons from that file to change you tube, as well as the custom home screen icons, but I would love to have my home screen look just like the apptv-fx screen, all the icons arnt stretched and I can't figure out how to change the main icons like settings and favourites.
Any help would be very appreciated
Corzy,

Sorry a few things from RL were stopping me getting back here.

If you want your home screen to look like the home screen in FX you had best just install the FX skin as there are a couple of differences between the skins that would make it hard to duplicate the look in the standard AppTV skin. Your original post did not specify what version of Kodi you were running or even the platform you were running. I guess from this post it some sort of android box, so if you check here you will see where your userdata folder is located.

If you go up one level from the location listed on the wiki you should see the addons directory, which is where all user supplied addons are located (including the non default skins). You will need to get into the skins top level directory (either skin.apptv or skin.apptvfx) and navigate to the extras/homeicons directory where you will find the icons that appear below the shelf area. This area should be writable, so all you have to do is replace any of the icons you see here. Note the images do not need to be the exact same size, but you must maintain the aspect ratio of the images or they will look distorted when they are displayed on the home screen.

As to the star patterned backgrounds, unless you are up for hacking my xml code you will need to stick with FX for that.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out and post back. Thanks again
One more question is, when the screensaver starts the paused time box stays at the top of the screen, can this be hidden somehow.
Sorry for the lack of info, I'm using a mxiii android box and kodi version I can honestly say I've looked in settings forever but can't find where it's stated haha
Thanks again wyrm, I had to install Es file reader for the android to access the user data file, I was able to copy/paste the home icons from the fx icons, but there still stretched... I think I would like to install the fx addon but I don't know how to do that since it isn't in the skin repository. Any advise?
Would it make a difference that I'm using a hdtv not a computer monitor as to why things look stretched?
Sorry for being such a pain
(2015-12-18, 22:29)Corzy Wrote: Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out and post back. Thanks again
One more question is, when the screensaver starts the paused time box stays at the top of the screen, can this be hidden somehow.
sounds like a reasonable request, will take a look at it when I get a chance
Quote:Sorry for the lack of info, I'm using a mxiii android box and kodi version I can honestly say I've looked in settings forever but can't find where it's stated haha
scroll to the bottom of the settings menu there is an entry called ' system information' . Guess what that shows you?

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2015-12-19, 00:23)Corzy Wrote: Thanks again wyrm, I had to install Es file reader for the android to access the user data file, I was able to copy/paste the home icons from the fx icons, but there still stretched... I think I would like to install the fx addon but I don't know how to do that since it isn't in the skin repository. Any advise?
read Watts first post. His mod would not be accept into the skin repo anyway as it is basically the same skin as mine. I seem to remember that you had to install from from zip, so use that option in the menu after putting the zip file somewhere that you can get to it from in your android box.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Thanks for looking into the paused time box, that would be great if it didn't show up.
As for the version, it doesn't say the name so I didn't notice it on the bottom haha duh. It's 14.2 RC1. I guess that's helix. Should I try to update versions?
I tried adding from zip file from my usb stick and the apptv-fx folder shows up but each folder that's opened doesn't lead to the entire skin, unless I'm missing something (wouldn't that be shocking Smile )
I would like to just try that skin out and see if it's still stretched....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Icon update0