Best Addon for UK Freeview Channels
Hi there. I've just found this forum and hopefully you can help me !!! I'm trying to find a good addon for ALL UK Freeview Channels. I can get some on various Addon's but can't get all of them. I did install TV Catchup a while ago and it worked ok for a while, but not anymore. Starts to load then stops and takes me back to Video Addons home page. Any suggestions why it does this ?? Have gone into settings to try and update but option not available...

Also can anyone recommend a better addon for Freeview UK channels please ??

Thanks in advance
you can try here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220135
(2015-12-14, 18:24)bry- Wrote: you can try here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220135

That's the TV Catch-up add-on the OP already tried, and as noted hasn't worked for a while.

There are add-ons for BBC and ITV (if you're in the UK or can pretend to have a UK-based IP address that hasn't been blocked by the BBC), plus I think there's a UKTV add-on around although not from a repo that can be linked to here (as it contains other banned add-ons (wiki) too).

The 4OD add-on though is sadly broken since C4 changed their DRM usage, and is showing no sign of life at all.

I don't think there is a suitable add-on unless someone resurrects the TV Catch-up one and can get it working again, sorry.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-12-14, 18:32)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 18:24)bry- Wrote: you can try here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220135

That's the TV Catch-up add-on the OP already tried, and as noted hasn't worked for a while.

I wanted to make sure they were using the latest as there are 3 versions on the forums. OG, 2.0, BLXD
Thanks DarrenHill - is it just a matter of Googling for UKTV, BBC and ITV addons ??
BBC iPlayer (iPlayer WWW) and ITV Player (ITV Player) are both available from the official Kodi repo - just look under add-ons > video add-ons in your Kodi install.

For UKTV basically yes, you'll have to find that one for yourself as it's not in the official repo.

The most recently working version of TV Catch-up (to my knowledge) was the BLXD one, but as you've already found sadly that's no longer functional. I think it's due to changes in the TV Catch-up sources, but I don't know details (although it's an all-too common story).

To be honest I'd like it back myself.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Google <banned add-on (wiki) removed>

reference removed - DarrenHill
Please don't suggest banned add-ons (wiki).

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry Mod , my bad
I know of another addon that shows live UK TV and as far as I am aware it is legal as it hooks into a legally based web service. It's not in the banned add ons list but the repo is in the banned repo list.

Does that mean the addon is banned by repo association?
Confusion is just a state of mind.
No, the add-on isn't banned, but the repo is due to what else is on offer within it (I'm presuming it's the same add-on I already mentioned in my first response to the OP above).

But I've been unable to find a permissible way to get it without having to use that repo, as I'd be interested in it myself but for that point.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Addon for UK Freeview Channels0