Kodi freezes
Hi,

Sometimes when watching TV through Kodi the picture will freeze and Kodi then completely locks up although I can still hear the audio coming through. I have to reboot the system to get it working again. The Kodi log shows the below just before the crash:

18:55:47 2978.291016 T:1560663104 ERROR: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Socket::receive: (errno=104) ECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer

Is there a way to set things up so that Kodi doesn't crash if this error is encountered? Is this a problem with the NextPVR addon or a deeper Kodi problem?

Thanks,

Shane
(2015-12-14, 21:10)shaneypoopers Wrote: Sometimes when watching TV through Kodi the picture will freeze and Kodi then completely locks up although I can still hear the audio coming through. I have to reboot the system to get it working again.
Given you can still hear the audio playing, it sounds like NextPVR is still connected and streaming, so probably something to do with the video playback on the Kodi side. Is on Windows or something else?
(2015-12-14, 22:26)sub3 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 21:10)shaneypoopers Wrote: Sometimes when watching TV through Kodi the picture will freeze and Kodi then completely locks up although I can still hear the audio coming through. I have to reboot the system to get it working again.
Given you can still hear the audio playing, it sounds like NextPVR is still connected and streaming, so probably something to do with the video playback on the Kodi side. Is on Windows or something else?

Hi sub,

It's on Openelec 6.0 RPi2, streaming from a windows 10 server, I don't mind it losing the stream (these things happen) its just frustrating having to reboot when it happens.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Shane
I'm guessing it's gonna have to be the Openelec guys that help understand why this is happening.

Have you got a Windows Kodi client where you can see if you have the same problem?
Hi sub,

No I only have the RPis set up, its not a very consistent problem, maybe once a day. Should I look for help over at Openelec? It seems to be just Kodi that freezes up as I can still access the system with ssh.

Thanks,

Shane
To be honest I dont know. Given the video freezes and the audio keeps going, it sounds like the video decoder has locked up or something.
Ok,

I'll post something over at Openelec and see if they come up with something, I'm guessing that if the addon loses the stream its designed to just stop and not to lock up?

Thanks,

Shane
It'd usually just show an error message and stop.

If you're still getting audio though, then you're definitely still getting the stream. (ie, audio and video are mixed in together, so not possible to get one without the other)
(2015-12-15, 04:16)sub3 Wrote: It'd usually just show an error message and stop.

If you're still getting audio though, then you're definitely still getting the stream. (ie, audio and video are mixed in together, so not possible to get one without the other)

Hi sub,

I went over to the Openelec forums and they advised me to set up a RPi with a clean install and only NextPVR addon enabled which I have done. I was able to get it to fault and rather than just rebooting when it happens I left it for a while, I found that after a short while the audio also stops and I then get a tuner not available message. I have posted the Kodi log file at the link below, there seems to be a lot of NextPVR errors in it but I don't know if they are the cause or just a symptom of the fault. I would appreciate if you took a look at it if you get time.

Many thanks,

Shane

Log file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freezes0