Android Nvidia Shield tablet K1 - No frame rate switching possible? No 24p in Kodi?
Hi Folks,

I couldn’t find any info about this on the net.

After my findings the Nvidia Shield tablet K1 is not able to switch the frame rates. It stays on 60hz.
I like to see 24, 50hz in combination with Kodi and other apps. Even the Emus stay at 60hz when you throw in a 50hz rom
All I get is micro stuttering which kills the joy.
I know the app TVHZ but all I can select is 60hz. Do I need root for the app?

My big hope was the console mode and frame rate switching as the Shield TV is able to.

Is this true or do I miss anything?
How do you handle this situation? Do you care?
It could a such a great media tablet…

Btw. I am using Kodi 16 Beta 4 from the nightlies...

Thanks

URBANsUNITED
tablets (almost) never support framerate switching. Nothing you can fix
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah :/ but the specs are similar/matching the Shield TV hardware and it has a console mode where the screen/display is off...
(2015-12-15, 10:07)Martijn Wrote: tablets (almost) never support framerate switching. Nothing you can fix

Do you have an example for the almost?
I am looking to return the tablet and take an alternative... if existing...

Thanks
Google.....
(2015-12-15, 09:53)URBANsUNITED Wrote: Hi Folks,

I couldn’t find any info about this on the net.

After my findings the Nvidia Shield tablet K1 is not able to switch the frame rates. It stays on 60hz.
I like to see 24, 50hz in combination with Kodi and other apps. Even the Emus stay at 60hz when you throw in a 50hz rom
All I get is micro stuttering which kills the joy.
I know the app TVHZ but all I can select is 60hz. Do I need root for the app?

My big hope was the console mode and frame rate switching as the Shield TV is able to.

Is this true or do I miss anything?
How do you handle this situation? Do you care?
It could a such a great media tablet…

Btw. I am using Kodi 16 Beta 4 from the nightlies...

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

Are you talking about an HDMI output or the LCD panel built into the tablet? In almost all cases the LCDs in tablets and laptops are fixed at 60Hz, though in some cases you can adjust the HDMI output refresh rate separately (as is the case with my Celeron 2955U-based Chromebook running OpenElec and my Z3735G tablet running Windows 10)
I am mainly on the console mode of the tablet. It can run 4k@60hz and has the same chip as the shield tv.
If it is really fix set to 60hz overall, it's basically a US device only. In Germany we do have 50hz for our contents like TV, movies and in the past also SNES roms for example. All have micro stuttering while playing Sad
(2015-12-15, 14:35)URBANsUNITED Wrote: I am mainly on the console mode of the tablet. It can run 4k@60hz and has the same chip as the shield tv.
If it is really fix set to 60hz overall, it's basically a US device only. In Germany we do have 50hz for our contents like TV, movies and in the past also SNES roms for example. All have micro stuttering while playing Sad
No it's not the same chip. SATV has X1

NO a tablet or phone is usually 60Hz or whatever and doesn't matter if you get a German devices. You won't find a tablet that does this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield tablet K1 - No frame rate switching possible? No 24p in Kodi?0