After several hours, LiveTV disappears from main menu
Hi everyone,
I have Kodi 15.2 configured on my Raspberri Pi2 model, and its running perfectly.
Except for a this one problem, after several hours of inactivity, the LiveTV button disappears from the main menu and will be there only if I reboot.
Any suggestions why it happens?
Every day when I get back from work, I turn the TV and the Live TV disappears.
I dont know if its related, but the weather temperture changes from some temperture to show "Busy" instead. thats my que to reboot
Sounds like a network issue, because of the weather service having issues refreshing. It could also be a communication issue with the backend. But without any details, it's all just guesswork.
My setup invloves:
Switch with 1 port being my NAS, which is also my sql server for kodi
NAS is always on, and kodi too. connected via wired lan to the same switch.

Kodi version 15.2, openelec 6.0 on a Raspberry Pi 2 1024MB model.
I use VBOX PVR Client and set up the main screen with Phenomenal skin, and Live TV is in the main menu (next to movies, tv shows..)
What other details are relevant?
What measures should I take in order to gain more information?
Is this your only client to the PVR backend? The Live TV option goes missing, but are there other problems with the backend? You said the weather service is no longer updating (hence the "Busy" notice); do you otherwise have network connectivity on the RPi? You NAS stores Kodi's database, but does it also store other media? Can you play/access that other media?

Also, "Switch with 1 port" is rather vague. By definition, switches need more than one port. Is there a separate router? Any other devices between the internet and your network?
Sorry to be vague, I have an 8 port switch with one port connected to my rpi, another to the NAS and the third to the router. The vbox TV Gateway (being the tv backend) is attached to the router.

Although it seems like there is some connectivity issue because of the weather showing "busy", there are no connectivity issues at all. All the media is also on the NAS, and is fully accessible even during that period of time where live TV went missing from the main menu.

Vbox TV Gateway seems to be working ok too, it is accessible through other clients (pc, android) and doesn't experience sudden reboots or something like that.

Is there any logging I should turn on and see if something strange will appear there related to live TV?
Are the other a box clients Kodi PVR clients, or are they using some different software? Is the Vbox really unreachable on the RPi, or is its menu just disappearing? (If your network is still working, and only the menu item is disappearing, then it sounds more like a skin issue, not a PVR issue; are your other Kodi clients using the same PVR client and skin combination?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After several hours, LiveTV disappears from main menu0