Looking for some help finishing RetroPlayer's new controller window
EDIT: Here's some builds based on Jarvis 16 beta 4

Hey skinners! if anyone follows my RetroPlayer work, you'll see that my latest builds include a new window for controller configuration.

One of the features requested for RetroPlayer was per-platform controller mapping. I accomplished this by creating controller add-ons. The controllers are listed as dependencies in the emulator's addon.xml files. So, when you install a NES emulator, the NES controller is installed as a dependency and shows up in the list of game systems.

The premise is pretty basic. You select the game system on the left, and a list of features on the controller appears on the right.

You can navigate to the list of features, and when you select one, Kodi prompts you for controller/keyboard input.

I wrote the window in a simpler skin to ease development. Now that the code is complete, I attempted to port my skin to confluence, and we can see how well that went Wink

So if anyone wants to help out, let me know!

One more thing, this window was built specifically to perform the most basic task of per-platform button mapping. I am open to any additional functionality or changes. The code is really flexible, so if you think it should be done a different way, I can make it happen.
Personally I think this should use a single dialog background texture with a smaller controller image and slightly wider lists.

Do you have a Windows Jarvis build I can use?
(2015-12-18, 17:28)Hitcher Wrote: Personally I think this should use a single dialog background texture with a smaller controller image and slightly wider lists.

Do you have a Windows Jarvis build I can use?

I linked to some Jenkins builds in the OP. They're labeled "retroplayer", but they just include the input work, no games.

I think a single dialog background texture is a good idea. The two separate lists with their own background textures is a consequence of designing this window in a different skin and porting to confluence.
Stupid question but how do I access it?
lol crap. It's in Game Settings... but these builds don't include games. As a temporary hack, I've mapped "t" to ActivateWindow(GameControllers).

We'll need to decide a better way to activate this. Maybe prompt the user when a button is pushed that isn't mapped to anything?
Cool, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for some help finishing RetroPlayer's new controller window0