• 3(current)
VidOn XBMC - GPL discussion & compliance analysis.
Quote:You are modifying XBMC / Kodi code when you call these private API's, so must publish your work:
That's the external player's work, nothing to do with Kodi.
Any changes related to the Kodi, we have published the source code, if you have time you can find those changes on github, thank you.
Fyi wolly. You should have your username name as vidon-wolly since you represent them. You can request this change in the website suggestions help Forum
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-01-04, 18:14)bry- Wrote: Fyi wolly. You should have your username name as vidon-wolly since you represent them. You can request this change in the website suggestions help Forum

Thank you, I used that username because Vidon was a sponsor of kodi, now we are not so I think I should use a normal username, because username should not have any brand name.
Mr. wrxtasy, if you don't have enough evidence to prove that Vidon is a Kodi GPL violator, please close and remove this topic.
Your behavior now is defamation.
(2016-01-04, 17:15)Wolly Wrote: Vidon XBMC also uses the "external player" like Himedia, the difference is that they use the real external player but we put the "external player" in the Kodi, and we also open sourced our code on the github.
Now I'm confused like everyone else, so now your not modifying XBMC Kodi to call AMLogic API's code from within Kodi and are now actually using an External player that you have written.

What is this custom player called VidOndec or still amcodec ?

Wolly, you are not making yourself clear at all. I can give you an example of Koying's opensource 3D work that in all likelihood calls on those same AMLogic API's in the S905 that you are referring to.

I have said we use the external player, some work has been done in the player, and the player is not open sourced like himedia's external player. What you can see is open sourced, now you understand? And I'm not sure which APIs that Koying used, we used the private APIs, private means they are not public.
OK, again, all the changes related to the official kodi has been published to the github, if you have time you can go to check the code. I think you know the URL.

You have questions that's your problem, but doesn't mean we violated the GPL
Ok thanks for clearing this up finally. Some of the meaning may have been lost in translation in the way your previous sentences are written and constructed.

So its actually your own VidOn External player you are using for 3D and HD Audio, not some modified XBMC Kodi mainline code.
God I hope this is correct.

And yes I will have a look through those links.

(2016-01-04, 18:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Ok thanks for clearing this up finally. Some of the meaning may have been lost in translation in the way your previous sentences are written and constructed.

So its actually your own VidOn External player you are using for 3D and HD Audio, not some modified XBMC Kodi mainline code.

koying told everyone this like a month or more ago yet you still went on about gpl violations, i agree this is bordering becoming a deflamation thread.. as with most of your posts regarding anything but the devices you like to consider good enough for everyone else. i know your just trying to help but its getting ridiculous how much you talk down certain devices.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-04, 19:51)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 18:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Ok thanks for clearing this up finally. Some of the meaning may have been lost in translation in the way your previous sentences are written and constructed.

koying told everyone this like a month or more ago yet you still went on about gpl violations, i agree this is bordering becoming a deflamation thread.. as with most of your posts regarding anything but the devices you like to consider good enough for everyone else. i know your just trying to help but its getting ridiculous how much you talk down certain devices.

Even though i don't agreed with everything from @wrxtasy, someone has to do what he is doing and he is doing a very good job at it...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
And all this GPL stuff, with trademark rules on XBMC vs. Kodi, and external player usage w/Kodi player wrapper makes for a confusing, tricky terrain about what's fair or not.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Kodi and VidON need to have a middle ground.
If VidOn XBMC is going to the Solution for 3D MVC playback Kodi(with their private API) then every hardware (MINIX;Tronsmart etc...)sold with VidOn XBMC,Kodi should benefit some kind of royalties for their hard work.

Just my 2 cent..
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
delete.
Are you sure of this? I recall Wolly (or someone from VidOn) mentioning they're providing full 3D framepacking on Minix & Tronsmart.

I'll try this trick @popcornmix suggested later this week when I get my Tronsmart S95 (bought the $60 version as I'm too curious to find out).
My HT
@hdmkv

Did you buy Beelink Mini MX S905 box?

Does it work the same as the other S905 boxes?
I was sent a Beelink Mini MX by gearbest.com for review. Did the OTA update, and a few quick tests. It's a snappy box, but Kodi performance seems poor (similar to what CNX reported in their review). Mainly crashing, no 3D w/included Kodi, no HD audio (and even some standard DD/DTS not passing), and an overly 'digital' (over-processed) looking PQ. Tried VidOn's XBMC apk and 3D ISO's did play, but in top/bottom format.

I need to test more thoroughly to give it a fair shake, but maybe it'll prove worth it, especially as firmware development happens, to pay $130 for Minix U1 vs. this at $41.

Edit: I'll try the 12/29 Kodi Android pass-through build (as Koying suggested below the CNX review, in user comments) for my review. He said "nightlies", but that was before he resigned from Android duties for Kodi.
My HT
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VidOn XBMC - GPL discussion & compliance analysis.4