v14 Remote Share Could not connect to Network Server
Hi

Non techie here, determined to fix this one, any help very much appreciated. Happy to give more info if necessary!

ISSUE

I have had this error since yesterday when I try to play movies stored on my NAS via Kodi on my Amazon Fire TV. When I try to play the movies from the Kodi library I am told the file is no longer available and asked if I want to remove it from the library. When I go directly to files to ply from there I get the error in the post title.

ACTIONS

I did have an internet connection outage just beforehand (an issue with my Devolo Homeplug system) which is when the problem started. In trying to fix it I also reentered some settings into my Amazon Fire (my router IP details etc) manually before I realised it was the Devolo no the Fire that was the problem. I then deleted all my manually entered IP addresses / DNS an let the Fire find what it needed automatically which it successfully did, so I am assuming that my meddling at this point is not the cause of the problem - though of course I may be wrong.

Since then I have looked at my Source settings in Kodi.From the File menu, selected Video >Browse to s source>NFS> up pops my (saved) NAS IP, select that> up pops the NAS shared folders Video, Photo, Music, Docs etc>then I cant select or navigate into the Video Folder. When I try to click select I get the Network not Connected error.

I have also tried to set up an SMB connection - not 100% confident I did this correctly - but still got the same network connection error.

OTHER INFO

Broadband and wifi working perfectly on desktop and tablets etc. I can connect to my NAS via other devices (play back music via iPod, access files directly through PC ).

SET UP

Amzon Fire TV;Kodi 14.2 Helix ( I think); Synology Diskstation DS412+; Asus Router RTN66U with a BT Open reach modem; Develo Homelpug system for taking ethernet and wifi around the house including to the Amazon FireTV; and a Netgear Prosafe GS108PE USB switch - though the NAS is connected directly to the router, the switch takes my 2 VOIP phone units)
debug_log (wiki)
Sorry, am working on that now and will post link as soon as I have something...please bear with me, thanks for the response
http://xbmclogs.com/pkzh9963p

Quick Note: once I had installed the debugging app I replicated the issue - ie trying to play a movie from the library and from file, as well as trying to drill into my saved NAS file directory under NFS (though I got no error code here just a refusal to go beyond a certain level of folder) and my attempt to add a source via SMB, though with this last didnt get very far as I was distracted and probably didn't do it properly.

Hope there's enough there to give some clues!

I have this feeling that the source of the problem was my messing with the Fire TV's network settings. Even though I deleted what I had manually entered and let the Fire enter what it needed to automatically, who's to say these settings replicated what was there before?
Code:
18:01:33 T:1506438944  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (14.2 Git:2015-03-26-7cc53a9-dirty). Platform: Android ARM 32-bit

You are using an outdated version of Kodi. Can you upgrade least to 15.2 (16 is still be beta) and see if the problems still exists?

Cheers!
ALso, might be a permission problem:
Code:
18:01:50 T:1680458968   ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: /volume1/VIDEO (mount/mnt call failed with "RPC error: Mount failed with error MNT3ERR_ACCES(13) Permission denied(13)")
Thanks so much.

Re upgrade - the install was done by my techie mate so I may have to consult / wait on that one...!

Re permission issue - this sounds about right - but do you know what I should be doing with that? Wd that be a permission setting in the NAS and not in Kodi??
(2015-12-17, 21:03)MattCole Wrote: Thanks so much.

Re upgrade - the install was done by my techie mate so I may have to consult / wait on that one...!

Re permission issue - this sounds about right - but do you know what I should be doing with that? Wd that be a permission setting in the NAS and not in Kodi??

Yes that would be something on the NAS.

Maybe take look at the wiki article, see if it can help: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS
Thanks, that's a huge lead. Will check it out and hopefully report back with a fix before too long.

Cheers
Apologies for massive delay (xmas,. New Year etc). I fixed this thanks to wyild 1's link above re NFS. As suggested there for NFS sharing for Synology (Section 7.2.1) I went to Control Panel>Shared Folder> and then individually picking each shared folder (video, music, photos), then choosing NFS Permissions>Edit and and changing the 'Host or IP' field from whatever IP was in there to *.

Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!
Hello i am having the same issue is there a way to fix it :/ been like this for a few weeks now
how do i find the control panel??
I have tried to add source and it gives the same message and as an IT idio
t
i am lost
F. I. via the webinterface of your NAS.
F. I. via the webinterface of your NAS.

well thanks for that ,,you lost me at F HuhHuh
I just cant connect at all tried even deleating kodi and reinstalling it and nothing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share Could not connect to Network Server0