Any issues with version 4.0.8? And are changelogs available?
I'm running Tvheadend 4.0.7 and noticed tonight that version 4.0.8 is available, so I just wanted to ask if anyone who's applied this update has had any issues with it.

Also, is a changelog available anywhere that shows just the changes between version 4.0.7 and 4.0.8? I tried following some links on the Tvheadend site that supposedly went to changelogs but they were either for different versions or much older versions - I rather doubt development stopped in 2012! Is there any way to see just the latest changes in the stable branch?
From the roadmap links, you can get the gihub changelog:

https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/c...7...v4.0.8

... so you can see the bugfixes and make a choice. No new features.

I can't comment on good vs bad, as I run off master. I wouldn't expect problems, though, but we all know the reality of any software package...
(2015-12-19, 13:57)Prof Yaffle Wrote: From the roadmap links, you can get the gihub changelog:

https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/c...7...v4.0.8

... so you can see the bugfixes and make a choice. No new features.

I can't comment on good vs bad, as I run off master. I wouldn't expect problems, though, but we all know the reality of any software package...
Thanks for the link! That's what I was looking for.

I wouldn't expect problems either but in my past experience there have been times I've had issues after an upgrade of various types of software, so I just wanted to ask. What made me sort of nervous was that I read somewhere that users of the 4.1 branch were having issues after an upgrade, but since that is a development branch and they are more than likely running nightly builds I guess that's what they signed up for. I just want a reliable, stable system that works, so that's why I stick with the stable releases.
Indeed - 4.1 is the development branch that will lead to 4.2 as the next stable - as such, some breakage is inevitable (although normally very quickly fixed).

Any new version of tvh will back up your config, so you can always downgrade again. If you want to make sure, do a sudo cp -rp /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend.bak beforehand... if something goes pop later, a simple rm of the new config and mv of the old one and you'll be back in business (stop the service first, mv the config and then downgrade using apt-get install tvheadend=<version>, with the version being what apt-cache policy tvheadend gives you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any issues with version 4.0.8? And are changelogs available?0